Help me understand this whole phone number mess.

Ammanda

Long story short: He was a senior, me a junior, 3 years has passed, I added him on facebook this summer, we talked and connected. He was out of the state for work reason (summer job) with the intention of coming back for a visit and come back for good in sept. He asked me on a date, we talked more. He was really respectful about everything. Loved it!

So, we talk on Facebook a lot, he's telling me about his life, I tell him about mine, he asks questions and is a good listener. You can tell he care about what I'm saying.

His work contract ended sooner and he's not back home. Fantastic!

He give me his cell number, I text him, no answer. I ask him about it, and say that there's no tower in the area for his Blackberry to pick signal. Friends of his I trust confirmed this.

Now starts the problems...

With him being unable to text, he asked if I want his home phone, to what I say "Yes, I'll add your digits in my phone and use them one day!" to what he say: Why do you want my number if you're not gonna use them?

I said: Says who? He than skipped the question to ask me about my day. Weird!

We talk some more, he still hasn't give me his number.

3 days later, he talks to me, asking again if I want his number. I say "I said yes the other day but you didn't give them to me" to what he reply "Are you sure you want them?" I say yes. He say "Are you going to use them?"

Hm. Hello? If I ask for them, it's because I wanna use them.

Now I'm starting to think there's something wrong with him and it's starting to annoy me.

He finally give me his home number.

(That was 2 days ago)

Last night, I'm online and he say hey, we talk and he says "Why havent you call my house? Are you scared?" I say "Scared? what are you talking about?"

He says: I don't know, you haven't called. (Hm, yea.. it's only been 2 days!)

to what I reply "you gave me your digits 2 days ago. i didnt know i had a deadline and if i didnt respect it i would be a coward"

I don't know, I'm upset and it's so coming out of no where.

His answer? "woah...im confused...but its all good, im easy going just be yourself, an live your life

if u want to me to be apart of your life you'll make the effort to be apart of mine

I don't get it, where is this coming from? What do I do from here?

He seems really confusing and almost too upset about u not calling him right away. I mean you're not even dating yet. If you had called that day you would have looked like a stalker so there's no winning in this situation. I say you should ignore this for now but if he does something like this again then just say forget it.

have you two actually gone on a date?

No not yet. The day he came back home is the day I left for summer vacation. I talked to him while I was away to keep it friendly. That's when I texted him and learned about his Blackberry problem.

He seems really confusing and almost too upset about u not calling him right away. I mean you're not even dating yet. If you had called that day you would have looked like a stalker so there's no winning in this situation. I say you should ignore this for now but if he does something like this again then just say forget it.

That's what I think too. That he's upset but, I don't owe the guy anything, and as much as we like each other a lot, I wanna keep things cool between us. By that I mean, don't wait for him to come online and still live my life. Being independent without being cold.

urgh, unfortunately dear this seems like a red flag. This possessive and needy after one date? I dread to think how hypervigilant and high maintenance he'd be if you actually started an official relationship. I'd back off for now and if he contacts again assert that you like him but that you need your space.

Archived