cuddlebug27

I am a 23 year old woman that got engaged to a wonderful man last summer. He was a marine who unfortunately passed away right before Thanksgiving last year while on his first tour in Iraq. I was heartbroken but have now been able to make peace with the fact that he died for a cause he believed in. Here is my deleima however, about two weeks ago I met a guy that I like alot. He is the first person that I have been interested in since and it seems like we've really hit it off. Since the day we met, there has only been one day that we haven't seen each other and I'm starting to get those happy butterflies that you get when something new and exciting is about to happen. The thing is, I haven't been able to tell him about my finacee yet. I actually still wear my engagement ring everyday but on my right hand and I'm sure he's noticed it but he hasn't mentioned it. And if more than a few hours goes by that I don't get a text from him, I start to panic and I will literally be pacing and worried until I hear from him. I don't want him to think that I'm some crazy clingy chick but at the same time I hesitate to tell him about my reason behind it because I don't want to put a damper on what is already developing between us. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

id have to agree with sarah... and yes im sorry for your lost loved one.. i would be devestated also... but moving on is a good thing always keeping him in your memories... if he is a great guy yes he would understand how you feel and its a good start to a promising relationship..... however you need to just prepare for the worse and hope for the best at all times so you wont be hurt or let down so easily if it doesnt turn out the way we always want it.

you need to just prepare for the worse and hope for the best at all times so you wont be hurt or let down so easily if it doesnt turn out the way we always want it.

this is what i'm the most afraid of... i keep thinking to myself "who would want to be with some with baggage like this?"

Sadly, your "baggage" is felt by a lot these days, and I don't think it would be totally troublesome to someone who is totally into you.

Therapy might be your only option. I have a good friend who's boyfriend died in a drunk driving accident about 5 years ago, and she's still not over it

I vote that you speak openly with you upcoming dates and boyfriends so they know.

It might be hard and it might take a bit for a sweet guy to be able to accept the "baggage" and venting about your fiancee, but that right guy WILL do that for you. Because he LOVES you.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived