Trying to help a friend

I have a very good friend who is 48, closeted gay, and lonely as hell. I'm younger, and this guy has been like a dad to me, so I wanted to try to help him find happiness. But, I really don't think he is going to find what he is looking for. 1, he looks older than he really is, 2, his elderly parents are way too involved in his life and he doesnt stand up to them, and 3, he doesnt drive due to a recent DUI. Basically, I just want to know how other people on here would react in this situation, and what others might do if they were his friend.

I don't understand your post Difficult. states that it is a close friend that is 48 who needs help.

I don't see what the problems are. I have a gay boss who is definitely lonely because I swear he is the darn same person (not seriously lol) but he manages. That's what gay bars are for...or San Francisco I live around there and it's fine...even Santa Cruz!! They can find love...it's just a little harder.

The parents thing..at 48, he can do WHATEVER the F he wants!!!! He doesnt have to tell his parents, and YOU shouls make him aware of that...I stopped telling my parents everything at 18, when I became a legal adult, and things worked out fine.

Of course the situation is a lot more complicated as I have responded, but I do hope that you help your friend find happiness and I hope he realizes it's not much different from a straight person's relationship...

Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Archived