Almost at an end..

dirtyd

My girlfriend and I have been together for about 7 months now and we've been pretty happy with the way things are. One thing though, that does make our relationship is my constant omitting of things. For example I'm a tattoo artist and she hates when I tattoo any ex girlfriends etc. So I've stopped tattooing them out of respect for her feelings. Now there's been instances where an ex will come by, we won't even share words or glances and I won't mention it to my girlfriend simply bcuz i don't feel it's necessary. If no respect was broken, it's water under the bridge isn't it? recently she found out and was upset that en ex came by and got tattooed by a co worker and i never told her. I never told her because I knew her jealousy would prolly drive her to do something drastic like show up at the shop and just linger while the ex was here. Or maybe even send her a myspace message threatening her not to come by. So now i'm a liar and my relationship is hanging by a thread. Am I crazy or do I need to tell her everything?

Sounds Crazy Immature of her to be worry about ex's showing up at a tattoo parlor to get tattooed?? Why does it bother her so much, does she have trust issues??

If I had an ex-gf that I got along with still and she could tattoo really good I would obviousley go to her to get it done?? ya know?

In my opinion, it isn't reasonable to expect you not to talk to or interact with exes with whom you are still friends. Some people would disagree with me, but I think it's immature and possessive of her, and, obviously, harming an otherwise good relationship. By agreeing to "respect her feelings," I think you enabling this immature and unreasonable behavior. But, I know a lot of people, especially women, who wouldn't agree. It's all about setting the boundaries in your relaionship and having trust. I think her boundaries are not reasonable, and she definitely has problems with jealousy and trust. It is a shame. I hope you can work it out. It's sad when someone creates a problem that isn't really there.

Archived