Its Been More than 115 Days NC, this is how it feels?

Well, I now can say with confidence that my ex doesn't give a darn about me and clearly didn't mean it when he said he wanted "to be good friends". I can't believe I fell for that crap. Awesome.

But, I guess its better this way. He said that I wasn't smart and wasn't very pretty (even thought I made a 3.8 GPA, right). He had me walking on eggshells all the time, and made me cry. He also thought my manic depression was made up. I find it funny that he didn't understand what upset me (his behavior and words). He told me I was clingy when I only got to see him twice a week. I think though if I'm not mistaken that a guy who REALLY LOVES YOU will not consider you a burden and will try and make time for you---even with a busy schedule.

Just ranting I guess. I'm very disappointed. I miss the friend he was to me before we EVER dated, but not the boyfriend. Ever.

You've come a long way. Kudos to you. Don't buy into his BS. Your posts show you to be a very intelligent person. And the not very pretty comment is nonsense -- take a look at your picture as if you were a stranger. I think you'll see yourself in a different light.

Your ex? This type of person feels inadequate and to compensate, they attack others with falsehoods specifically designed to attack an area of vulnerability.

Don't you listen to such cockamamie.

A man who loves you will make it his focus in life to build a shared, intimate world with you; not leave you fumbling for scraps of his attention.

It's sad when we meet people that we see huge potential in only to have them let us down. Just remember that it was his inability to see you as you truly are and his inability to appreciate you that led to these circumstances.

Again, kudos.

Your ex? This type of person feels inadequate and to compensate, they attack others with falsehoods specifically designed to attack an area of vulnerability.

I agree with this. Don't put any weight on his criticisms...it sounds like he just wanted to put you down so he could feel better about himself.

Absolutely, he simply projected his inadequacy's on you. He's the one with the problems. It is disappointing to lose a friend, but that friend disappeared long ago.

IvoryTower - you've done great! You're way too good to put up with that BS. 115! Wow. I'm proud of you! *hugs*

I like that Llama Dancer.

Ivory, I applaud you on your NC, if you made contact he would have only told you more lies, and this would only delay your healing process.

I think you were too good for him, and he knew it.

good luck

I like that Llama Dancer.

Ivory, I applaud you on your NC, if you made contact he would have only told you more lies, and this would only delay your healing process.

good luck

Thank you. Lol, I like thinking that he knew I was too good for him!

This is also my interpretation of this.

It sounds to me that he wanted to knock your confidence and self esteem levels so that he had greater control over you. Yuk.

Not smart? You appear pretty smart and level headed looking at your posts and you've made it to silver status on here in a short space of time. As for the not pretty comment, he needs to get his eyes tested if he truly believes that. You look nothing sort of fabulous. Go take a look in the bathroom mirror and see this for yourself.

Its onwards and upwards for you now you're shut of his dumb ass.

This is also my interpretation of this.

It sounds to me that he wanted to knock your confidence and self esteem levels so that he had greater control over you. Yuk.

Not smart? You appear pretty smart and level headed looking at your posts and you've made it to silver status on here in a short space of time. As for the not pretty comment, he needs to get his eyes tested if he truly believes that. You look nothing sort of fabulous. Go take a look in the bathroom mirror and see this for yourself.

Its onwards and upwards for you now you're shut of his dumb ass.

Thank you. While I was dating him my self-esteem took a real beating, but really I think he just didn't like the fact that I was doing better in school than he was. I even got a job as a paid TA for freshman where I go to school. He didn't care.

I suppose good riddance? And thank you for the compliment, btw. They really are helping to rebuld my sense of self-worth.

*HUGS!*

115 days. Wow... that is amazing, hun. Seriously. Especially after everything you've been through, most people would try and look for their exes to tell them off. But you are smarter than that; You left it alone and kept your chin up. And that, hun, is very classy.

Like others had said, he was simply jealous of you. You're smart, beautiful, kind, level-headed... You're the whole package, and he felt like he couldn't take up the challenge to keep such a great catch like you. Perhaps he feared that you were going to dump him soon, so he did it first to save his pride. Whatever!

It's like how my ex told everyone, "Gosh, she's crazy!" when he told me one time how he blew a poor small animal up with firecrackers. During the break up, he was following me in school, sending his stupid friends to "keep an eye on me", all that stuff. And I'm the crazy one?

Simply, they're just jealous of us, and wanted to knock our self cofidence down so we can be just like them; Horrible, disgusting, vile people. But you and I both know we'll never be like them, right?

You go girl!

Archived