For any of u who read my posts b4, i was struggling on how to break up with my bf of over five years. Long story short i did it and was single for two weeks until we had a chat and after a few drinks i some how got back with him. After that i was more confused than ever. U see i feel i havn't "lived" as my college years were crap as i had terrible acne and was really shy so didnt do anything other that sit around on my own. Now i really regret that as i have few friends and little to show for my five years in college. I've always wanted to travel and feel i should as i dont want any more regrets and at least get to enjoy a few years b4 i settle down. My problem do i leave a pretty good relationship (although i think i partly resent him) for me not travelling or do i take a risk and go for what i think i want and risk not meeting someone else down the line. The point here is "think" i mean is it really all it is cracked up to be or am i looking at the greener grass and mad to leave a long term relationship to start afresh. I'm 25 so i feel like a bit of a loser as i havn't doen much with my life, havnt started my career yet due to 'economic times' and have few friends here.

Just a few points to add-

No he cant come with me nor would i want to travel with him(its not his thing)

Yes hes ok with me going as long as its no more than a few months (i would like to it properly and maybe go for a year at least.

Well any thoughts wud be great, i feel i'm ruining my life by sitting on the fence and not making a decision either way. I feel like i'm in limbo and can't take it anymore. I can't believe i let so many years go and still have not made a decision

Hey irish-gal,

I can relate to you A LOT! With my last relationship, I was in a very similar situation as you. I ended up leaving, and while it was REALLY hard at first, I think it was the right decision for me. I still feel horrible about hurting my ex. He was very good to me and was willing to give me plenty of space and freedom to travel on my own and whatnot. However we did clash on certain topics and he felt a lot more serious about the relationship than I (ie: he wanted to get married and I never felt ready).

Ultimately, the decision is entirely yours. At 25, you still have plenty of time to enjoy yourself and find someone new to settle down with. If you do decide to become single again, I think it's important to not speak to your ex for at least several months.

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you want to talk in any more detail.

Thanks Mia, nice to know somebody understands, just hope i havn't got the grass is greener syndrome but on the other hand REALLY can't afford to miss anymore opportunities either.

I feel so guilty not being able to make up my mind as it's holding him back from meeting someone else if i decide to go. Hes buying a place of his own very soon but i just don't feel ready for it really

Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Archived