What surprised you about the person you like?

gigglyfreedom

Hello everyone... I was thinking not too long ago about attraction and the element of surprise... how the element of surprise can really determine the process of romantic or sexual attraction...

You know how often, when we develop a crush on someone or feel intensely attracted to them, it is because somehow we see them as different to everybody else and unique? Somehow they 'surprise' us, they stand out.

I was thinking of starting a discussion on what things have made you feel attracted to someone in the past, what things about their personality or their attitude made you see them as someone unique, and therefore, made you have a crush on them. Was it their intelligence? Their weirdness? Their creativity or their skill when painting? Their sense of humour? In what way was it unique or different to anybody elses?

Thank you!

I love this questions giggly!! I have been seeing this guy for about a month now and what attracted me to him to much was his sense of humor. ( It wasn't rude or offensive, just genuine humor). I loved the fact that he loves video games as much as me. I guess I was just so attracted to his personality that I felt I just had to get to know him.

Not to mention the fact that now that we have been getting to know each other he is so relaxed and he doesnt seem to care much about the stupid materiliastic stuff that everyone else worries so much about. He makes me laugh and he really makes me feel like I can be myself all the time.

The thing that initially drawn me to my boyfriend was his sense of humor. We've been together for over a year, and he still consistently makes me laugh on a daily basis.

I also love the fact that he pays attention to all the little details. He knows what is on my mind, even without me telling him so.

Also the fact that he isn't a pushover. If something is on his mind, he would not hesitate twice on voicing his opinions.

There are plenty more of course, but these are just some examples.

she had an amazing personality, we would have a laugh and talk about any random thing. she made me feel good about myself, gave me that drive to go forward. she also had a beautiful smile, loved everything about her. we used to have these little mottos we'd always say and humorous flirts. in the end she decided i wasnt for her and she wanted to be able to go out, flirt and have a good time with others. but whilst we had it, it was very special and close. i miss her so much, i just wish more than anything i could of been 'the one' for her, i could not of asked for anything more.

What a wonderful idea indeed for a topic of discussion!

I think the things that draw me to the girl I'm with now are different to those that drew me to the millions of crushes I had back when I was a teen. I see it as being like a changing of the guard, so to speak. Now, it's more about the "real" things rather than just those on the surface. I see her real beauty not just through looks, but through her nature, the things we have in common, the fact she's what I call a "creative romantic," the way we can talk about deep things freely, and perhaps most of all, the way in which she overcame an incredible obstacle some years ago and still manages to maintain an amazingly positive approach to her life.

i like this topic! aahhh, i have a huge crush on one of my managers at work! I knew he was special from the moment I met him, I don't know why though. I don't want to say love at first sight but something along those lines... As I've gotten to know him I've realized he is EXACTLY everything I look for in a guy. Good looking, confident, great body, and none of it is overdone, if that makes sense. He definitely loves to have a good time, but is still grounded. He always has a book with him so it shows he is intelligent. Although we work in retail he still has goals to move up in the company and I can tell he works really hard to get there. He is the best manager I've ever had because he runs the store really well, knows how to discipline but still make sure everyone has a great time. He makes everyone love and want to go to work. When I leave I am always so happy for the rest of the day. Haha I feel like I can go on and on....

Uh Oh: What If My Horoscope Isn’t...
Uh Oh: What If My Horoscope Isn’t Compatible With My Partner’s?

Archived