How do you meet a girl in a big class?

gah

So I'm currently taking a huge martial arts class in college (at least 60 people) and there's a girl that's caught my eye. I tried to talk to her as we were walking out of the classroom,. all I could manage was "crazy class eh?" (yeah lame I know). She turned back thinking I was talking to somebody else. When I continued to smile at her and make eye contact, she looked at me and smiled and then looked away without responding and kept walking.

I think I may have been too weird, regardless she seems like sort of the shy type so maybe i scared her. I was thinking about trying to talk to her again next week (our class is every week) by asking her a question like "how do you get to such and such a building?" but maybe I should wait on it.

Anyways any advice on talking to girls in big classes? the class is super antisocial, (no partnering, sparring etc) and everybody sticks to themselves so i'm having a hard time thinking up ways to approach her, since we're always standing and doing routines.

Are there particular moves or stances demonstrated? Maybe you could talk about how you need help on your form, hers is really good, etc.

Crack a joke. Usually something funny happens in the course of a class, mention it in a "haha, did you see that" kind of way

When i was in college, I always loved the guys who gave a funny running commentary. You know like a Joel McHale/The Soup or Mystery Science Theater type thing.

And no, I don't think you got rejected. Your line just didn't have much space to grow into a conversation.

when ur walking out of a classroom, so many conversations are going on. maybe she thought you were talking to someone else, she looked back, you smiled and she thought you just caught her eye and smiled at her but you were still talking to someone else. who knows if she heard you or not or had any idea what you said. try and talk to her more.

getting rejected is when you ask for her number and she has a bf or says not interested. but rejection shouldn't matter anyways.

Archived