Do you have to establish your dating?

YZRiderF

This girl im datings friend who I work with also was talking to me last night. She asked if me and her friend were dating. I said Yes, I mean we have been on 6 or 7 dates now and we both told eachother how we feel. So I assume were dating, right? Well she says I shouldnt assume anything and I should ask her if she considers us dating now.

I thought maybe she meant if we were a couple I know I shouldnt assume that and that is something that needs talked about. But I mean what have we been doing the whole time if we werent dating lol?

Is that really something you need to confirm? If your both on the same page as far as feelings go? If I do bring it up she will think I am asking her to be my gf probably. It just seems silly to me to confirm that were dating.

She also said that I think shes ready for that. Meaning to say were dating. I was planning on asking her to be a couple soon so I guess I should hold off on that.

Anyways any input?

If I've been on dates with a guy I don't like it be called dating as in "she and I are dating" as that implies that we are an exclusive couple. It makes me feel like the guy is just assuming we are more before asking. But, if you've both already talked about how you feel about each other, it should be fine.

I don't think that you should ask her to confirm, when you feel it's the right time - you can then proceed to ask her to be exclusive. As far as her friend goes, I don't think she really has a say on things. If you already told each other how you felt, that's all that matters in my opinion.

I have another question so ill just post it here.

We are both extremely busy, for example this week we dont even have one day we can hangout. Im hopin its not like this often but will this hurt me in the long run? She knows I try and make time and same with her.

5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Archived