How do we find the right one?

i miss her 2

I thought I foudn the right girl. In fact, I'm pretty sure I did but I blew it with her as my life was not in order. We met on facebook when I started a group on there a few years ago for guitar players. I had little dating experience and now that we are broken up I am wondering how or where I will ever find the right girl for me. I am a pretty attractive guy (been told this) and I am wondering where to find a new girl or how. I don't want to do any dating sites and I don't really have any friends that know any singles. So where should I start? I'm looking for someone who loves alternative music, isn't snobby, and has a great sense of humor. THe problem around here is so many girls are snobby!

When you don't really know alot of people in general though? How or where you can find a good S.O. ?

That's a question for the ages, my friend! I'm trying to figure out the answer myself. I'm new to my current city; I don't know many people yet; I'm lonely! Finding a girl to love would be the greatest thing to happen to me here so far (and in my life). We would keep each other company and just show each other the best time ever...

When you don't really know alot of people in general though? How or where you can find a good S.O. ?

school. i personally waas in college. haha just doing some homework and she walked up to me.. but um.. my space too.. work, parties concerts.. alot of places.

Well, I think if you think you blew it with the right girl because your life wasn't in order, then she wasn't the right girl. I had a wonderful girl and my life was a mess, she left and I was a bigger mess. Get yourself together. Make sure you're the best you can be for you. I think once we have ourselves really together, you will just meet. Be it school, work, walk in the park, or at the grocery store. But trust me brother, I do feel the same way as you. I've said this on many threads, I will find mine and you will find yours. Just keep the faith and be the best you that you can.

How about at places where the kinds of bands you like are playing? Coffee houses or pubs or whatever?

You could also join a guitar group or a band yourself and start attracting the crowds.

Right now I think you're pretty down about this girl and probably won't attract the right girl until you're happy with yourself. The "woe is me" thing is easy to spot. Some girls are attracted to it (so they can 'fix' you), but most people aren't.

I agree that you should start getting your life together (to your own satisfaction) and then worry about meeting someone else. You probably won't have to try very hard at that point.

Well, I think if you think you blew it with the right girl because your life wasn't in order, then she wasn't the right girl. QUOTE]

Why do you think this? I think she knew it for a long time and I actually got (felt) better with her but yeah I wasn't able to really get things in order maybe because of her but I should have. I just put it off and now I have lost my soul mate (thats how I feel even though that is probably ridiculous).

Well, I think if you think you blew it with the right girl because your life wasn't in order, then she wasn't the right girl. QUOTE]

Why do you think this? I think she knew it for a long time and I actually got (felt) better with her but yeah I wasn't able to really get things in order maybe because of her but I should have. I just put it off and now I have lost my soul mate (thats how I feel even though that is probably ridiculous).

that's a bit of an illusion. another person can't make you better...or worse. it might feel that way temporarily...but it always comes back to you...your own thoughts...your own behaviors...your own actions. ultimately...it's our own perceptions and conditioned ways of thinking and behaving that leave us feeling ''messed up''. looking to someone else for absolution or salvation will never lead to fulfillment. the illusion will always be revealed for what it is.

keep looking inward. if she's truly your 'soulmate'...then it's somehow ordained...and your actions right now will ultimately lead you down her path again. everything we do or don't do has an impact on our lives.

look within. find compassion. live your life.

Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Archived