I wish I never seen a psychic.

this may or may not be a stupid post, but it's something that has been on my mind for the last 2 years and I can't stop thinking about it. It bugs me constantly every day. If I could take back any day of my life, it would be the day I went and seen a psychic.

I had went and seen a few psychics over the last 5 years or so. When I was dating my ex, I went and seen a psychic then and she told me that the relationship I was in wouldn’t last, and that I'd date different people and she described what the guy I was going to marry looked like. I never thought much of it. She told me I’d be going back to school.. etc. Well, needless to say, our relationship never worked (he was clinically depressed), I did go back to school for Nursing. That break up devastated me and I dated a rebound for a few months, who I didn’t even like, but I treated him like garbage and I completely regret it. Not that I want him back, just that’s not the sort of person I am. I shouldn’t have let him fall for me. After that ended, I felt like I didn’t know who I was, and I wasn’t really coping well. My grades dropped significantly and I smoked weed all the time. I was really vulnerable and felt sorry for myself. My friend had given me a telephone number for some other psychic and I booked an appointment and went out to see her. She basically said all the same stuff, kinda vague, but then she started describing the inside of my house (leather couches, small grey dog), what my parents were like and their personalities and the fights that were going on. That my mum calls our roast beef dinners ‘Roast Beast’.. What my husband would look like and some gastro intestinal problems I had (she could have just profiled me from my small frame, skin and such and have a background in health like I do). That I’ll date a guy with blond spikey hair for a while and it’ll get serious but it won’t last. I thought she was talking about the rebound I slept with since he had blond messy hair.

The problem is, I’ve been dating my boyfriend for a while. I met him after I saw that woman, and he’s got the blonde spikey hair. We’re getting serious and trying to get our lives to mesh together and finish school at the same time, and even talk about moving in together, but this psychic I went and seen, it feels like it’s holding me back from opening up and letting things happen and I f—king HATE it. When my boyfriend I fight, my mind thinks “well, that’s it, she was right, it’s over” I don’t even know if I believe it or not. I can’t act and open up how I want to, and declare my love for this guy, because I hear this nagging “it’ll never worrrrkkk...” When my friends ask for her # to see her after I told her about my experience, I tell them I lost it because I wouldn’t want them to go through what I’m putting myself through.

Anyone have any advice? Is this all BS, am I nuts?

this may or may not be a stupid post, but it's something that has been on my mind for the last 2 years and I can't stop thinking about it. It bugs me constantly every day. If I could take back any day of my life, it would be the day I went and seen a psychic.

I had went and seen a few psychics over the last 5 years or so. When I was dating my ex, I went and seen a psychic then and she told me that the relationship I was in wouldn’t last, and that I'd date different people and she described what the guy I was going to marry looked like. I never thought much of it. She told me I’d be going back to school.. etc. Well, needless to say, our relationship never worked (he was clinically depressed), I did go back to school for Nursing. That break up devastated me and I dated a rebound for a few months, who I didn’t even like, but I treated him like garbage and I completely regret it. Not that I want him back, just that’s not the sort of person I am. I shouldn’t have let him fall for me. After that ended, I felt like I didn’t know who I was, and I wasn’t really coping well. My grades dropped significantly and I smoked weed all the time. I was really vulnerable and felt sorry for myself. My friend had given me a telephone number for some other psychic and I booked an appointment and went out to see her. She basically said all the same stuff, kinda vague, but then she started describing the inside of my house (leather couches, small grey dog), what my parents were like and their personalities and the fights that were going on. That my mum calls our roast beef dinners ‘Roast Beast’.. What my husband would look like and some gastro intestinal problems I had (she could have just profiled me from my small frame, skin and such and have a background in health like I do). That I’ll date a guy with blond spikey hair for a while and it’ll get serious but it won’t last. I thought she was talking about the rebound I slept with since he had blond messy hair.

The problem is, I’ve been dating my boyfriend for a while. I met him after I saw that woman, and he’s got the blonde spikey hair. We’re getting serious and trying to get our lives to mesh together and finish school at the same time, and even talk about moving in together, but this psychic I went and seen, it feels like it’s holding me back from opening up and letting things happen and I f—king HATE it. When my boyfriend I fight, my mind thinks “well, that’s it, she was right, it’s over” I don’t even know if I believe it or not. I can’t act and open up how I want to, and declare my love for this guy, because I hear this nagging “it’ll never worrrrkkk...” When my friends ask for her # to see her after I told her about my experience, I tell them I lost it because I wouldn’t want them to go through what I’m putting myself through.

Anyone have any advice? Is this all BS, am I nuts?

You can't put too much into what those people say. I've gone to a few, and sometimes they have been spot on, and other times they were way off. I am a believer when it comes to that kind of stuff; but I also know that nothing is written in stone. We have control over our own destiny. I would say just go with the flow, and try not to worry about it.

You can't put too much into what those people say. I've gone to a few, and sometimes they have been spot on, and other times they were way off. I am a believer when it comes to that kind of stuff; but I also know that nothing is written in stone. We have control over our own destiny. I would say just go with the flow, and try not to worry about it.

Idk I never really believed in psychics until I went to one and the first thing she said to me as I sat down was "whoever this guy is you need to get over him now". I had been hung up over my ex still (it was like a yr after the breakup). I was stunned that she knew that so quickly considering I wasn't depressed or looking upset.

anyways she might:

1. see the future, but if u make different decisions that outcome could change

2. know what's going to happen, but maybe even if this realtionship isn't supposed to last you might have been meant to meet him for other reasons that'll show up in the future. Maybe you'll meet your husband through him or you guys will break up and you'll decide to move to england and you'll meet someone there. You never really know.

3. she's crazy and made everything up

Don't beat yourself up over this..it's not healthy

Idk I never really believed in psychics until I went to one and the first thing she said to me as I sat down was "whoever this guy is you need to get over him now". I had been hung up over my ex still (it was like a yr after the breakup). I was stunned that she knew that so quickly considering I wasn't depressed or looking upset.

anyways she might:

1. see the future, but if u make different decisions that outcome could change

2. know what's going to happen, but maybe even if this realtionship isn't supposed to last you might have been meant to meet him for other reasons that'll show up in the future. Maybe you'll meet your husband through him or you guys will break up and you'll decide to move to england and you'll meet someone there. You never really know.

3. she's crazy and made everything up

Don't beat yourself up over this..it's not healthy

Stop letting this psychic run your life. I been to one before and she told me a few things that were true & did happen, but she also told me I would marry a guy that looks nothing like my husband & his name would start with the letter J..which it doesn't. She also told me I would move to Cali & I didn't lol...But we did move down south. Anyway, if you keep believing this you might sabotage a pretty great relationship.

The problem now is your mind is focused on failure. If you truly want something to fail…It will. You need to refocus and understand that they don’t plant your destiny. If you can tell yourself and truly believe that this could work, then why are you letting what some physic said control you?

Hey, if you want to mix things up, ask your boyfriend to change his hair color.

Be honest with him and let him know what you’re feeling insecure about. If you keep this lingering over your head you’ll doom the relationship to fail. Be honest and open about what’s bothering you. Be honest about how you feel.

Stand strong. You can control your destiny by the choices you make. If you don’t allow things to fall apart…chances are they won’t. Don’t just give up because some physic said it’d fail. Fight for it. Fight for loving this man.

I believe that we can always change the future. That nothing is set in stone. (Except for death. I believe that when it’s your time to die, you’ll die.) but I don’t believe that your life living up that point is unchangeable. Variables change; different people enter your life. And you, you change. You can change what path you’re walking. You can change something you feel is doomed. Believe me, if you honestly love him. Don’t let a comment someone else told you (no matter how close to the truth they seemed). Change yourself. And you change the course your on.

If you change the fact you doubt and believe he’s the one you love. Let him know. (chances are the Physic placed doubt in you, which made you insecure and hesitant to react). If you become open and reveal your feelings with the risk… who’s to say your destiny path doesn’t change?

Give it a shot. Don’t give up if you care for him.

Going to see a psychic is about not taking responsibility for your life. THat's what people do when they are distressed and uncertain, it's normal and not something to beat yourself up over.

Now you are with someone you want to stay with, so take that responsibility, and put the psychics in the past. They can be right and they can be wrong, personally, I believe they can tune into people (I do it myself and am often said to be psychic, but I don't think I am).

You want to be with him? Then BE with him. Hold onto any hope these people have given you, and ditch the rest.

Whatever you believe, whoever 'reads' you or your cards, you still have FREE WILL. I sort of believe in Astrology, but not that it makes me choose certain paths in life. I have responsibility to make my own way, and so do you.

So put the scary stuff out of your mind. Her prediction may have had something to do with you choosing a guy with spiky hair - on a subconscious level - it has NOTHING to do with whether or not it lasts. You and he are responsible for that.

Good luck! Hope this helps...

The problem now is your mind is focused on failure. If you truly want something to fail…It will. You need to refocus and understand that they don’t plant your destiny. If you can tell yourself and truly believe that this could work, then why are you letting what some physic said control you?

Hey, if you want to mix things up, ask your boyfriend to change his hair color.

Well yeah, and that's the problem. I never really looked at it that way even though I knew very well what I was doing. Like.. sabotaging a relationship and setting it up for failure. He's a good guy and we have our problems, but I want this relationship to work. That made me laugh about getting my boyfriend to change his hair colour. I thought about that myself

Thanks everyone.

Yes well you're putting too much stock into the psychic. I had one tell me I would be head over heels in love back in the spring/summer and I'm not, single as ever. I was supposedly going to be so in love I was distracted from my studies. Didn't happen and I was looking forward to it, sort of anyway 'cause the being in love part is fun. Enjoy the man your with while your with him for now or forever. However long it is enjoy your time together.

i've never believed in psychics. i DO believe in them profiling. some people are really good at that. saying your relationship won't work out has a higher percentage than saying, 'he's the one.' but, i'm not sure you are fully into the relationship as much as you say and i don't think it's because of what the psychic said. doesn't seem to me that you are holding back because of a psychic. they way you wrote that is he is a great guy and you want it to work because of just that. just that.

That's the problem with psychics, you end up believing them aka implanting your mind & subconsciously your everyday life start to shift in that direction whether you meant to or not.

I do believe in law of attraction in many ways. If that's what you think will happen, chances are it will.

i've never believed in psychics. i DO believe in them profiling. some people are really good at that. saying your relationship won't work out has a higher percentage than saying, 'he's the one.' but, i'm not sure you are fully into the relationship as much as you say and i don't think it's because of what the psychic said. doesn't seem to me that you are holding back because of a psychic. they way you wrote that is he is a great guy and you want it to work because of just that. just that.

Well, I’m not fully into the relationship because of the problems we’re having right now… so probably when things get really crappy, I start thinking back to all of that. But maybe you’re right, maybe they profile, but I have no idea how they do that and hit those details. But they do it for a living, so they ‘ought to be good at it.

Haha.. but he is a good guy. I don’t feel comfortable typing about how I get the fuzzies around him and my heart skips when I still see his name on my cell phone. I didn’t mean to be vague... I don’t feel like I’m settling or anything either. I think I’m worth more than to have someone in my life who is settle material and I'm worth keeping in someone elses life. I would like to see it work, because if I didn’t feel there was a future with him, I wouldn’t have stuck around this long to see how it’ll go. I'll have to force it out my head and go with the flow. But I’m surprised to see on here, just how many people actually believe in psychics.

Ah, the power of suggestion. Look at it this way, if you went to a friend and they told you your future instead of listening and being supportive do you think you'd want to share your troubles with them again? Probably not because a psychic is not your friend. They neither know you nor do they care about you.

Psychics are con artists. Everything they say is vague...so it will seem like there's some truth in it.

Don't waste your money on that rubbish....it will only mess with your head.

When I was 19, I had one tell me that I had a "sick aura" and the only way to fix that was by getting some kind of chart done. ($20 1989 dollars)

While I don't deny that psychics may say things that are true sometimes, that isn't always the case.

I have a friend who constantly goes to see a specific psychic, the lady told my friend that she was going to marry her boyfriend and that they were so in love and was eventually going to have a baby with him. She actually thought it was true at first, saying she was going to Vegas in two months to get married to him. A month later she cheated on him with another guy, and when that didn't last she went out with another guy. Theory? Don't believe everything you hear.

You control your own destiny, don't let someone tell you otherwise. If you want to make it work, you have to believe that it's going to work. Mind over matter!

Archived