I can't let him go!

goldenlady

Hi all- first post and really excited...hoping to get some good answers because I'm going out of my head. Just for some background, I haven't been single in 6 years so I am kind of new to the dating scene. I feel like a teenager all over again!

I met this guy several weeks ago and we have seen each other five or six times since. For a few of those times, we were either hanging out with my friends or his friends (or a combination of the two), and on several occasions we were alone. His friend had warned me to go slow because this guy had a bad breakup in the winter. I didn't mind going slow since I recently got out of a relationship myself- though it was a amicable breakup. When we were out with friends, we seemed to hit it off really well. We also had one really good night alone together...However, a couple of nights ago, we decided to go out and it went pretty bad. Because I was so nervous/scared, I was doing and saying stuff that I shouldn't have been. I guess just because I was so nervous and I didn't want silence, I would just blurt out whatever. I just feel like I let my nerves get the best of me and I wasn't letting him see what the real me was like. (I'm a nervous person to begin with but ughhh!)

At the time, I figured it couldn't have been SUPER bad because he asked me to hang out on the date longer. But I don't know...the date still ended early in my mind...and I just got a weird feeling about it later.

I sent the obligatory "Thanks again, I had a good time" text...and my friend recommended I call right away to show him that I was interested so I did. I had to leave a voicemail. In the voicemail, I said I was just seeing what his schedule was like for the week and if he wanted to hang out, to give me a text/call. It's been several days and I haven't heard anything back. He made a comment about how he tried to find me on facebook (I have a lot of blocks on mine) so I added him on there- no results on there as well.

Maybe it was too much too soon...but I really didn't know what else to do...Remember I'm sort of new at this! Several friends have just told me to leave him alone...that it's over, I screwed up, move on. The idea makes sense and sounds good to me and this will sound corny but when I'm with him, I feel something I've never felt before. I want to let him know that I'm not normally like that and I was just nervous, etc. I was thinking about writing him a message online telling him how I feel and how nervous I was on the date...but I don't know. I just can't seem to let go off this guy and these last few days have been agony.

So...advice, tips, anything...I want to hear it all. Do I spill my guts? Call him again? Forget him?

I would leave him alone if his past relationship is true. Not in a sense to let him go completely but don't work yourself over one 'bad' date you thought you had. He may have been just as nervous being alone with you!

But see where it goes? If he does want to take this slow I'm sure he'll contact you soon. The last thing you want to do is scare him away.

I think texting him and then calling him right after that is a bit much.

If you were nervous on your date he probably sensed it, and since it's still only a couple of weeks it's normal to be nervous...people expect it.

At this point if he wants to see you again he'll contact you, if he doesn't contact you within a week, I'd forget thim. Whatever you do don't contact him again, he knows you're interested and unless you were rude or mean on your date you don't need to explain yourself.

Archived