Out of the Blue

So last night around ohhhh 6:30 pm I smoked my last cigarette. Just out of the blue I decided I don't want to do it anymore. Now I am a bit on edge now....I could leap oiut of my chair and run for that smoking section in about two seconds. So I am fighting this time and feel good about it. If anyone has any tips or advice for the Hell week of quitting it owuld be much appreciated. Also opinions....I haven't used and NRT's (nicotine replacement therapies) yet and I was thinking of picking up Thrive lozenges....anyone tried those????

I did Chantix - have a journal about it. It's not for everyone, some have awful side effects.

Here are some things that help:

Cranberry juice

Carrots

exercise

something to do with hands (knitting, typing, something)

water, lots and lots of water

Good luck, I promise it gets easier every day.

No advice sorry.

I think you should be proud of yourself though. You are doing something very good for yourself and the people that love you.

If you slip up don't give up completely, quitting isn't easy and it will take time.

Here is a something that might help: My father smoked all his life and drank as well. When trying to quit drinking he had a heart attack and ended up in a vegatative state. The thing that showed just how addicted he was is that even in the state he was in his hand kept going up to his mouth like he was smoking. His mind was gone but his body still wanted the nicotine.

Good luck

Lost

Hi,

I don't have any experience with quitting.. but I wanted to throw my support out there for you. The first step is really wanting it.. and you are there!

Are you in a big enough city that you might be able to find some sort of support in quitting.. ie. smoking cessation programs through your local public health office?

Good luck! Every cell in your body will thank you

Gum! Lots and lots of sugar free gum and hard candies! It is SO hard, believe me! I still haven't completely quit..I can go for weeks..and then have a drink or two on a weekend and smoke like half a pack. Do anything to get your mind off of that..and I even resorted to cutting drinking straws to the length of a cigarette and pretended I was smoking a cigarette..definitely helped my cravings A LOT. Good luck and stay strong..quitting cigs is a long, hard journey but you can do it!

As I understand it, nicotine addiction can make it really hard to quit. I'm actually participating in a training class about it now. NRT's are recommended to help alleviate the cravings and withdrawal symptoms, and the other meds can help, too--alone or in combination with NRT's. Good luck!

I'm the same way dangles.. I'm not a smoker, but give me an alcoholic drink to drink and after I hang out with the smokers, I'm bound to want a ciggie myself!

Well, good for you that you WANT to quit! I know so many smokers and they have NO intentions of ever quitting... it is a dangerous habit for sure...

Pilates Bar Blast | 10 minute Home ...
Pilates Bar Blast | 10 minute Home Workout

Archived