Nicole2009

Don’t know what Im doing:

My Story: Me and my bf broke up a month ago. We were having an argument (about church of all things) and he said “I think we should break up, I don’t want to be in a relationship anymore” . He said that he had been going back and forth with this for a month and he’s made his decision. He did this four days before my birthday. This came as a shock to me because a few day before I asked him how he felt about me and he stated “I love you”. We were even making plans for next year’s vacation. We had been together 1 1/2yrs we went on vacation in May for 5 days, no issues, so this news came as a shock. I am 28 and he is 35.

When I asked him why he was breaking up with me he said that he didn’t want to be in a relationship anymore. I asked him if this relationship was difficult, he said no, he said that he has to work on some things personally. When I ask him what things, he won’t say. So of course, I cried and sobbed because I was not losing a boyfriend, I was losing one of my closest friends. This was the same person who always spoke of marriage and such. I even asked him if it was because he could not see himself with me/marrying me, he said no, he just wants to be by himself. I even asked him if I made him unhappy, he said no. So why would someone leave a non-difficult, happy relationship? We had our arguments, but who doesn’t? When we started, he is the one that wanted a committed relationship, he said he wanted this. Now he says that he has the right to change his mind.

Over the course of the month, I have seen him, about once a week. I saw him yesterday actually. I can’t help myself, I miss the intimacy, I miss having him close. He misses it too, but he says he has to do this. He says I was the best girlfriend he has ever had.

Am I just prolonging the inevitable? Should I start no contact and then check back on it in a few weeks? Who is in a relationship just decides to be by themselves?

I am sorry about your'e break up.

I only broke up a few days ago, my relationship was the same, everything was great and then bang!

Read the thread "the grass is greener" it might not apply to you but its a good read and does make you think of a few things.

Dont make any contact, thats my best advice. He WILL contact you.

I know how you feel xx

Archived