Think I'm about to be terminated from work, I dunno..

yeawutever
SIGNS OF A TOXIC BOSS | THERAPIST R...
SIGNS OF A TOXIC BOSS | THERAPIST REACTS TO RAISSA KENGNE

Ok this has been bothering since last week. One of my coworker from another station (an acquaintance) told me that he's been hearing rumors that I'm close to being fired. What the hell, I'm trying my best when dealing with customers. No it wasn't been easy for me ever since a company that would deal with transmitting English message closed (over there all I had to do was write what you hear in English, not deal with people everyday on the phone and your timing is measured, so is your speaking skills (I still got trouble at times but I'm trying). Basically talking to people for hours, no it's not easy for me but I'm trying my best...Ok so I might not have the proper techinique in convincing people but I'm trying. I hope not because in my country it's hard finding a good paying good and if I do find another one, for sure I'm be earning a lot less, which is crappy....

Ok should I talked to my supervisor tomorrow about it or not. Was it true that that guy told me (a working agent that is) or did he made that up???'

pppfffsssttt... don't believe the rumor mill. Had i believed the rumor mill I would have gotten canned a decade and half ago. lol.

When was the last time you came up for review? Do you have one-to-ones with your superviser on a frequent basis? Have you been reprimanded recently and that's why you are worried?

As the previous poster suggested, do your job. Do the best that you can do. If you need further feed-back from your supervisor then ask for it.

When was the last time you came up for review?
The only review was a group of us getting tested on materials covered which I did fairly ok on the test, not so high nor not so low. I didn't read the manual anyways, didn't study, mainly cos I don't like reading the manual that much, gets me sleepy.

Do you have one-to-ones with your superviser on a frequent basis? Have you been reprimanded recently and that's why you are worried?
Nope, it hasn't happened.

I work at a call center in the states and we get stuff like this all the time (rumors about layoffs).

And two months ago, I thought I was going to be out the door by the end of the week (simply because the supervisor didn't like me), now I'm the #3 agent on the floor (out of 210). As long as you do relatively well and stay off of the bottom group you'll be fine.

We are timed on how quickly we can resolve issues and out goal is 12.5 minutes per call. There are a number of people that are consistantly at 20 minutes, and have been for months, but still work there. Companies don't like to fire unless they have to, because re-trainning is a waste of money, they'll only do that if they feel that it is more cost efficient to train someone new, then to improve you.

he has jolted you and put you in a bad place. in this bad place are you able to be as polite and helpful with customers as before this helpful person spoke to you?

could be people may be laid off and hes crippling the opposition.

should you read the manual and let your boss know you have done so. the comment about it makes me sleepy? if i were your boss and that attuide were know i would not be impressed.

easier to read a manual and show interest then be sacked and get a lower paid job.

i dont think i would directly say to the boss about the possibility of being laid off. if 3 people are being considered and not much to chose between them you bringing the subject up might be putting your head on the block.

maybe he's a good guy trying to get you to buck up before decisions are made. i would judge if his position is safe at work if not he's trying to scare you if he's safe he could be trying to help.

Ok should I talked to my supervisor tomorrow about it or not.

I don't think it may be a good idea to speak to your supervisor about it, especially since it might just be a rumor. By speaking to your supervisor it may not seem as though you are confident in your job. Continue doing what you've been doing in the meanwhile, and use this as a boost of confidence.

Was it true that that guy told me (a working agent that is) or did he made that up???'

He might have very well made that up or someone was trying to be mean and spread a rumor about you. In either cases, I'll try to ignore it.

Thank you all, yes I'm focus in what I'm doing and never laid off.... If I have to improve on something they would have told me about it, not waiting to secretly fired all of the sudden. Besides wouldn't a warning be given out first if you gotta improve???

Archived