22yrs old, career or love?????

RenMcnamara

Im 22, and never loved anyone, Ive had crushes, usually one-sided, and once i did really , truly like some one, i adored him.

But this was one sided.

When he found out, he was angry, and proceeded to treat me a badly, naturally i felt horrible and the stress and idea of someone i shared a dorm with hating me drove me into depression.

It seemed like everytime I came out of my slump, he would show up, or call or message me, after of course treating my like for weeks at a time.

like i fool i let myself believe ideas like "maybe we can be friends", "maybe he changed his mind and now likes me" "maybe if i do everything he says he will like me" i tried to ignore that he was clearly sleep with my friend, a friend i truly like but i know was rather loose.

I did everything to make him change his mind, i let him use my expensive textbooks, cheat of me in test, copy my homework, the irony is i failed that class and he passed. i would give him everything to get ahead with his work and sit for hours unable to do my work. When i had to make a choice of a road trip with him and his friends costing $300 or doing an interview for large newspaper , i choose road trip, just to see if there was a chance. i let down alot of ppl with my decision and the guilt still follows me years later. since then i cant bring myself to have crushes or care about anyone.

Its too risky, i feel like i would sell my soul for a hint of approval and let everything else in my life go to

Im deciding to focus on my career from here on out. I feel if nothing else, a solid job and finance success outways love, at least in my case. What does this mean??? Advice plz

I am 22 as well. Never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl/woman on the lips. However, it doesn't bother me. I've been in contact with a female friend of mine who recently moved out of state. She's the only female friend I feel comfortable bringing up the topic of dating to. Not in the sense that she is an interest, but just as someone who can offer me advice and whatnot as a friend. I told her that even though I must have fallen for two dozen girls in the past few years, all with rejections, I am more at peace with myself than I was years ago.

I feel it is very important to have your priorities straight, especially as a young adult. There was a singer at my school who had a lot of potential to tackle music professionally, but within one year, she dropped out, got married, and is now pregnant. Not saying it isn't what is best for her (I hardly know a thing about her), but if you are not firm in your priorities and path, everything can change in a short amount of time.

As the friend of mine also said, if you are at peace with yourself and carry no baggage, everything will eventually fall into place. People like you and I are actually in a better position, in that sense. I know it is easier said than done to not worry about it, but it beats the alternative.

This is very true.

Having your priorities straight and focusing on your career is extremely important, as I am 22 also and doing that. With that being said, however, don't miss out on some of the best things in life, such as relationships. Now I'm not saying that you can't be happy without having a significant other, but I think the average person can agree it does make life more worthwhile and fun.

One thing is certain that I have learned. Work on yourself, both mentally and physically, and eventually one lucky person will stumble upon your path..

Just remember, there is no rush, eventually things will fall in your place. Every dog has there day

I'm 23 and have not had a girlfriend, never had sex or kissed.

Id say focus on your career and your life. If you have to be the man in the picture he's simply not worth it, he needs to man up you need a guy who will man up to his F up's. Your a woman you will attract.

Me I'm affraid that I will have wealth at an early age and with my inexperience I'm fresh fish to many women out there who could take full advantage of me, if theirs anything i've learned that is dating becomes much more difficult when you have wealth or on the penincal of getting wealth because people do take you for granted, women will only want me for my money, not for what I'am. Thats about as bad as me paying for a prosutute.

At 22, I would suggest focusing on setting up your career first & foremost. At least then you'll get an idea of what your work schedule is like, how often you might travel.. etc.. Believe it or not, some people get into their careers and soon determine that they don't quite have the space to really nest a relationship. So you just want to make sure that at least you'll be able to juggle both.

I still say career because at 22, most people around your age are just getting started in life and not all that serious about settling down; too busy wanting to be seen and heard. Whatever you do (even if you decide to go against this) just take your time and don't be in a rush!

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived