Comming out

Hi everyone, im new to this forum and well im 14 and im bi, and i know for sure,ive knowen since i was 12, I dont want to tell my family im bi intill im 16, but i want to tell my friends, whats the best way to tell your friends

I would tell one friend at a time. Tell the closest friend you have (but only if you absolutely know that they will treat you the same and keep your secret).

Once that one friend gets used to the idea and accepts it, then you can think about telling another friend. As time goes on, tell each friend. I wouldn't tell anyone who you didn't absolutely trust until you've told your parents.

The older you get, the easier it will be for you to find open minded people.

well my closest friend is a guy and he can keep secrets but im afriad that he wont want to be my friend again, but i know he well keep the secret even if we arent friends, also, I have a lot of friends tha are girls, but they are big mouths(kina harsh i know) apart from one, should i tell her or my guy friend

AT YOUR AGE ALOT OF KIDS GO THROUGH EXPERIMENTING AND CONFUSION WITH SEXUALITY.

Before you start labeling yourself, why don you consider just being yourself without having to label your self.

If you have a strong urge to share with your friends about these personal issues why dont you just tell them about your feelings........Meaning instead of saying I am "this" or I am "a label"...I am "bi"....I am "gay".............JUST SAY what you feel ex.) " I have feelings for both male and female" or "i find guys and girls to be attractive in these ways..."

POINT IS.......I recognize you have an urge to share with your friends personal things about yourself....well tell them whats really going on inside yourself.......Rather than just labeling yourself............TRUE they may label you on their own after you share your sexual feelings with them....but I wouldnt just come out and say I am "this" or " that"....... comE OUT AND SAY HOW YOU FEEL INSIDE......"I like this guy" "Ilike this girl" " i find this guy hot" "I find this girl hot"...whatever it may be...

JUST KNOW SEXUAL CONFUSION OR SEXUAL EXPERIENMENTING goes on at this age......alot of kids find attractions to both bUT that may change one day.......

Basically All i am trying to say is in YOUR TEENS most kids have alot of sexual energy running through their head.......theres alot of things that may CHange....or Stay the same.....POINT IS DONT GO LABELING YOURSELF AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE....WHEN YOU GET TO BE AN ADULT AND GET OLDER YOU WILL find more out about yourself and you are then at a better stage in life to SET CONCRETE LABELS ON YOURSELF

I adgree with you its just that I have knowen since i was 12 i like guys as much as i like girls and when i found out what bi was, i was like, holy crap im bi or something like it, i fantasize about kissing guys for long periods of time and its the same with girls but its not as long as the guys one...lol...as you said, i do feel te urge to tell someone that i like grls as much as i like guys is the sexual matter, but isnt just eaiser to tell some one that your bi then saying, "i like girls and guys in this way" also, isnt thats just sayig im bi just in differet words

Hi, hopefully this will help

I was in the same situation as you about 2 yrs ago when i was 17

Like the above posters, i told my closest friend

So pick your very closest friend [boy or girl] who you trust and explain it to them. If after that, they are not your friend, then they were not a true friend afterall and not worth having.

Friends are friends, no matter what.

Then after awhile, if you want to tell someone else, choose your next closest friend and so on ...

Worked for me, now in a year and half + relationship!

Good luck!

yes i do, but as i said, they are loud mouths, if i tell them they will go "ARE YOU BI" really loud so i cant tll my girl friends not unless i tell tm o the phone or email, but i dont have ther email addy or phone number

Grr i hate this

I came out when I was 15, and honestly, I think I did it too soon.

If I had waited a little longer, I'd have known what to say. Then again, this is just looking back, I remember how much I hated being closeted, so I suppose there wasn't much else to do.

Anyway, start small. One good friend. I came out one friend, two, three, four, and soon enough it became common knowledge among friends. She's gay. Well, okay. But I also live in a very open minded and liberal town. Consider, are your friends going to be able to handle it? I was lucky to only have one person stop associating with me. Some schools people get beat up or hurt.

Just do it when it feels right, how it feels right. I wrote a letter to one friend. To one friend, I had her guessed who I fancied until she realised she had guessed every boy we knew and figured it out. For my parents, my mother figured it out and told my dad. By the age of 16 I came out during class as a project. A friend of mine came out in the school news paper. There's a million and one ways of varying embarrassment to do it. Each one is gratifying in it's own way.

Bring up the subject causally. Talk about Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl, a TV show with gay people, whatever fits your group of friends. See how they react to GLBT issues. If someone had a real problem with it, most chances are you'll figure it out though what they say.

I've been at this for a while, I was Public Relations in my high school GSA, so I was quite used to helping out those who were struggling with coming out. Feel free to talk to me if you like.

i think people find their parents the most scariest people to tell, you have to live with them until your old enough to have a house of your own

I guess you have to try to figure out what you are hoping to gain by coming out. Is being in the closet holding you back from doing anything you really want to do? When you're a teenager you basically don't have a lot of freedom anyways.

I do think though when you come out young there is that possibility to go back in the closet when things blow up, people will always suspect, but most might think you were confused or maybe wanted attention.

Well i know howto seek attention lol, just Jump up and down saying "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME.....LOOK AT ME G*D DAMN IT" well lately i have been thinking about it, after i while i thought well the end of the year is comeing, so wgy dont i tell my frieds at 15, ill be more sure then and my friends will be more understanding as well and not just tha, they will be more muture as well.......I hope

Archived