Relationships & Drugs

maureenmo

I have been dating this guy for over two years. We had a baby together but, she passed from SIDS. Anyways, I don't do drugs and hate them. He has consistently done drugs and have gave him an ultimatum the drugs or me. His son said if he don't stop he is through with him. He has now started taking my medicines that I need to get his high and sells his pills for stronger stuff. I feel like he is never going to change and that he will always be looking for drugs or a way to get them. He has even stole money from me to get his drugs for his addiction. His family overlooks his addiction and blames everyone else for them (including his ex wife and me). He knew when I met him that i hated drugs and i wanted more in my life. I just don't know what to do. I can't allow him to keep taking my meds from me. I am xanax and he takes my whole prescription from me. I need them for my anxiety and to keep my heart rate down (my rate has been exceeding over 120). He tells me he will stop but he has told me this before. Do I give him another chance to change and stop with the drugs? Help I need advice!

You need to be firm but fair with him. Sit him down and have a one on one with him. His drug habit is destroying your relationship, and by the sounds of it, lifestyle too. Tell him to get help. If he refuses to let anyone help him then I think you may have to seriously consider leaving him. Its a hard thing to do, but you may seriosuly have to consider it.

You have three options.

1) leave him, you gave the ultimatum and he made the wrong choice. You have to do what is best for you.

2) get him into a rehab to try to help him. (or something else to try to help)

3) stay with him, and do nothing, this will probably leave you miserable. Since he isn't respecting you (by taking your medicene) and his family is blaming you.

I'd recommend not chosing 3.

If you really care and really want to make this work, then I'd go with 2. If you felt that you've done so much already and nothing more is going to help, then go with 1. There is only so much you can do for him, especally if he is not willing to help himself.

No chances.

You can only help yourself.

Nobody can help him until he decides he wants it. And even then it might not stick.

Even his son is threatening to quit ties with him. That tells you something.

This guy is stealing your medicine and putting your health in danger. You're worth much much less to him than his high.

He obviously has a very serious drug problem for a long time. This is not just a one-off thing here and considering how bad it really is, you should pack your bags and head for the hills. This guy will NOT stop unless HE wants to, and so far he has proven he's not going very far. I mean, he even steals YOUR medication!?? Doesn't that prove to you how BAD it is??

You have given him chances to change before and it was a waste of time. You owe it to yourself to better your life and as long as you stay with this guy, you are in for a rough ride.

You don't owe him anything, and no more chances. Move on. The sooner the better.

I agree with agent. Sorry... chances are he is not going to change because YOU are against it. A person only changes if he/she wants to; not for somebody. This includes breaking addictions.

Your chances are to leave. Drug rehab CAN work IF a person is willing to makes changes and sacrifices. It's tough for someone who has a serious addiction. I had a cousin who was a drug addict and did the same kind of things your boyfriend did... it was not a very good situation. It landed him in jail and he later died from overdosing even though we tried getting him some help prior to those consequences. His actions and his death was a hard thing for my family and I to swallow.

Archived