Just getting sad sometimes, probably just natural

brett5673
50+ Best Feeling Down Quotes
50+ Best Feeling Down Quotes

There are just some nights where I get a little irritated and down, and lose hope, yet i am still very young.

Im 18 and off to college in a couple weeks. My girlfriend, (who will be 900 miles away) Broke up with me the last week of school and made for a very depressing summer where i had to deal with isolation due to the circumstances that surrounded me.

She was my first girlfriend and I fell in love with her. I thought so much of her, but she never felt the same strong feelings and just wanted to end it.

she seemed so special and so unique and so adorable to me, but Ive had to deal with a lot since then, and I can definitely say im much better now, thank god. But some nights things just fall together poorly and i get sad. the other day I had 2 things planned, and both fell thru, then there were tons of pics posted on the internet of my ex and all of her buds (who were once mine too) goin about having fun times in the summer, it was hard to see. She put me through so much, and to see she honestly feels fine now, isnt surprising yet extremely tough to see. I just worry if there is anyone out there that feels the same as i do about things, if I have what it takes to find somebody out there that has the same morals as me. A lot of people have failed me as of late, and I just hope my college experience is positive. Im not a partier or anything, but by no means am i quiet, Im just different I guess, not really in a bad way at all though. I guess Im just typing to see if other people have felt the same before

I'm a senior in college now, and I can't express enough how much college can change your life for the better. Just be open to new experiences, go out and do things and meet people. I think you're going to love it.

I'm sorry about your girlfriend, but like I said once school starts I think you'll have a much easier time because you'll be busy and excited about things. And look, you've had your heart broken already. There's one experience under your belt. Sorry I'm really tired right now, headed to bed, just wanted to let you know that college can really be a life changing (for the better) experience.

It is very hard and to go through a breakup, especially when we have stronger feelings then the other person. And this pain will not go away in a matter of days. Don't worry about how long it takes to "get better," just so long as every month is better than the last.

Going off to college will probably be very good to help you move on. Try to look for friendships before relationships. Having friends that are your own friends and not just your significant other's friends, can help you move on and not feel so hurt should this happen again. Obviously you don't want to get hurt again, but that how relationships work, to love someone and to be attached to them means risking the pain if it doesn't work out.

Yes, it was something I didn't understand. "Letting your guard" down, so to speak. It truly was a risk, and i was not ready for the outcome. But yes over the last 3 months, every month has been better, and Ive been encouraged to understand this isnt an overnight healing thing, its a slow process that just happens over time by taking the right steps

The two most important things to remember are...

1) the pain will go away with and as long as the pain is less every month, that is something to be happy about.

2) not to isolate your heart in the future. You've been hurt, and no one likes being hurt, and everyone wants to prevent themselves from being hurt. But you MUST NOT go extreme in preventing future hurt but never getting close to others. Because if you do, you are going to hurt others, just like your ex hurt you.

I completey understand your point in #2. I am an open person, and i share my thoughts and feelings freely to people as I feel it is a necessity at times in life. She, on the other hand came from a family that wasn't truly emotionally available, and once the relationship started pecking below the surface for her, it was too much to take for her.

For what it's worth, I also have those nights of feeling depressed. You're in a good time in your life. You don't want a girlfriend from HS, while you're in college anyhow. It's very hard to keep up long distance relationships and you would restrict yourself from going out and trying new things when you're in college. People change a lot in college and you've got the world ahead of you. So, I wouldn't sweat it. At first things will be tough because nothing will be familiar, but you'll come to enjoy it as you settle in. Chances are good that you'll meet someone better and even more ideal than your ex, even though it may be hard to believe.

Long distance relationships are very hard. You both have to be commited and sacrifice some of the social life to fit it in. Once one person starts to doubt things and finds it an effort it can fall apart quite quickly. I lasted 3 years, we were planning to live together but sadly we never got that far.

at a young age when going to university and college it is difficult to keep a LDR going. Its a time when you change and make lots of new friends.It is hard to sacrifice that new exciting social life and lots of study to have a LDR

Archived