So I'm mowing the yard today, thinking about how cool the weather is and how I want to get the garden box ready for fall crops and how I should like to have chickens someday.... you know, that kind of non-directional way your thoughts go when your doing something that requires absolutely no brain power?!

Anyway... then it occurred to me. I'm happy. I'm happier than I have been in a long time. Or maybe content is a better word? But that doesn't quite say enough either.

At ease?? At peace? Yeah, at peace sounds good. At peace and happy.

Don't get me wrong. I still have moments where I start crying for no apparent reason. And dealing with my X ussually puts me in a foul mood. And I get just as stressed and bummed as the next person. But I also feel so much better than I use too. It's like................. the highs got higher, but the lows didn't get any lower. It's like a weight has been lifted. I feel more free and in control (as in control as anyone really can be) of my own future. Like anything is a posibility. The open road is before me. I get a "do over". This is a damn nice feeling too.

Archived