would u call this friend "fake"??

sicbabii
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

ok i met this girl thro a friend of mine about a month ago...me and her seemed to get along good, but i think shes starting to take advantage of me in alot of ways. She was telling me that her family left her alot of money like 90,000$ and shyt like that. And i live with my bf in a small apt on our own and were 21 and 22 y/o...So were doin everything on our own, basically just making ends meet. so this so called "friend" keeps coming over and i always pay for take out food for everyone, im always giving her gas money, cooking for her. etc...when i barely got food to cook for me and my bf. And she wants me to go on a trip with her to a different state thats about 1,000 miles from us. and i told her i have no money to go with her. And shes telling me to sell my valuble things to get $ to go with her. when i dont even wanna go, she only reason she asked me cuz her other friend backed out at the last minute. she keeps flaunting her money in my face. She talks about everyone behind there back. i prettuy much told her i didnt wanna go on the trip with her and she keeps percisting on me going....i dont even really like her, i think shes a total phonie, 2faced. any advice on this siuation would really help. thansk

Stand your ground. Don't let her talk you into anything you don't want to do. Her attitude sounds pretty selfish and unthinking.

It's not true of all people with money but sometimes having cash on hand whenever you want can make people less 'smart' about money. They forget that money is an issue for other people. If you're strapped for cash, you sympathise with others in the same position and you're more likely to automatically be more sensitive about what you're costing others, or taking turns to pay for things.

I'd just stop going out with her. It's ridiculous for you to pay every time when she supposedly has a lot of money to herself (assuming that's even true!). When she invites you out and you know you'll end up paying, tell her politely but firmly, you can't afford it, and don't be swayed.

I'd just give her the polite brush off if i didn't want her in my life. It's very insensitive of her to dangle her supposed money in your face.

The ironic thing is that she will probably end up blowing the money, with nothing to show for it, if she has a lazy attitude towards it.

This is just one of these posts that leaves me scratching and shaking my head. What are you doing still associating with this degenerate? She talks about how much money she has so then how in the hell do you justify giving her gas money and funding her take out? Loose this idiot and stop letting her take advantage of you. At first I thought that this girl might just be a typical loser but after hearing that last part about manipulating you to sell your valuables so she can have a travel buddy I think she's just one of those pure users that needs to get her fair dose of "what goes around comes around" Tell her youre not going on the trip and to never ask you again to go. Next time you see her ask her for money so that you can fill your gas tank and tell her to pick up your bill while shes at it,

Archived