Honeymoon!!!

Cheeks18
5 Red Flags In Relationships
5 Red Flags In Relationships

2 years strong and still going strong for me

It is over as soon as you stop trying.

So in other words you are one to believe when the honeymoon stage is over then the relationship is soon to be over??

I learned that effort can never cease if you want the relationship to continue.

Anyone out there just go through a bunch of honeymoon stages and break up right when its over and run through a slew of men/women??

Hmm for me it is different. I am pretty old fashion in the sense where I feel that things should get better as they go. I had 3 relationships in total through out my life and have only went on a few dates in between that may have lasted at most a week or so. My most recent relationship is different from previous ones because we were friends.

Maybe my idea of honeymoon stage is different from others? I personally dont like that stage when you meet someone new and go through the motions and get all those nervous feelings etc, I do however love when you get those tingly feelings of joy and excitement when you are with the person you have grown close to and are comfortable with

For me example of honeymoon feeling: Big smiles when we meet, while talking on the phone, when he asks me about my day and when I listen to his, when he first takes my hand in his while walking down the street, the way he looks at me (and I have just realized the way I look at him when I saw a surprise pic a friend of mine took of us together. She made fun of the way we were longingly looking at each other lol), watching movies together and making fun of them or commenting on them, teasing each other etc

I am sure honeymoon stage will most likely mean something else for others though

I usually give it about 3 months. Then you start to really see and accept the person for who they are.

Depends on what aspect of it though, sex, actually liking them for them rather than what they represent, accepting their flaws etc?

I'd agree with ILMBC - 6 months to a year. My bf and I have been together nearly 2.5 years, and are well and truly out of honeymoon phase, in fact we're always joking with each other about "back when we liked each other". As much as I miss that feeling of unbelievable excitement whenever we spoke and saw each other that's just not our relationship anymore, we've moved past that and matured into a different couple, that I love a lot more. Wouldn't turn down a smattering more excitement back...maybe some flowers now and then...but ah well, I've got someone I love beyond anything I expected to, so that'll have to do me I guess.

Some never end....

It really depends on how strong the love and commitment in the relationship is. I knew my gex's flaws up front - so when I finally was with her, I was already beyond accepting her little flaws. Hence, if she had never went into her dark stages, I would probably STILL be in the honeymoon phase.

But the honeymoon requires both people to be on it - and once the other perosn is off, it's over. Then life sets in, I guess...

Now I'm going to go find that girl with whom the honeymoon never ends....

Some never end....

It really depends on how strong the love and commitment in the relationship is. I knew my gex's flaws up front - so when I finally was with her, I was already beyond accepting her little flaws. Hence, if she had never went into her dark stages, I would probably STILL be in the honeymoon phase.

But the honeymoon requires both people to be on it - and once the other perosn is off, it's over. Then life sets in, I guess...

Now I'm going to go find that girl with whom the honeymoon never ends....

You will find her

Archived