Toe-stepping

justally

What do you do when you keep stepping on someone's toes?

My bf (the one I had the bottom-dweller moment with) has days when he's superbly irritable. I know it's part of his depression, but he gets mad about things seemingly stupid things.

Take this morning, when I took produce from his garden, which he has given me, and give it to someone, only to find I grabbed from the wrong bag. I offer to replace the produce with the stuff that's in MY bag, only to get the silent treatment.

This irritates me to no end, so when he finally does speak, and it's to snap about me leaving a fork in his car ("Stop leaving crap in my car!"), I irratatedly snap back ("I didn't mean to!"), he just storms out of the house.

Much as he did after the bottom-dweller incident, and a couple of times since in similar situations. What can I do to prevent him reacting like this? I can't not be human. I have things I feel strongly about, I have days when I get irritable. I don't think I take out my temper on him-I never call him names, and rarely, if ever, get to the point of snapping. He's 28-a grown adult. Am I correct in thinking he's the one being immature?

Or is depression a reasonable excuse? (Or rather, his reactions to his meds?)

I dated someone like this.(and yes, he had depression too)

Not worth it and it gets very tiring.

do you really want to spend your life walking on eggshells?

He is selfish and immature and behaves like a child when things don't go his own way. Sort of like a 3 year old sulking in the sandbox when someone's taken away his toys.

it's tough because they have depression and I used to think, "I wouldn't dump someone over a physical illness , so why a mental illness?'

But, it's your life too, and you can't spend your life catering to someone else's needs.

It was probably my most difficult relationship to get over... but everything you are saying is exactly how my ex acted. He was always the victim. He was angry at me once for 4 days and wouldn'tspeak to me for 4 days because I didn't laugh at his joke and didn't think it was funny.

I look back now and wonder why the heck I put up with it! I don't think you should either!

Depression is never an excuse to treat someone badly. I dated a man who was going through depression once, and I know what you are talking about. Eventually, to save my sanity and my sense of self-worth, I had to leave him. I have never regretted this for a second!

I'm a firm believer that we adopt the emotions and views of people that we date/hang out with.

I wouldn't date someone who was constantly depressed....more than likely couldn't even be their friend. Might be harsh, but I'm a happy person that likes to hang out with happy people!

I guess ya'll are right. But for the most part, I've never meet a man who is just as physically affectionate as me. He's the only person I know who doesn't complain about me "clinging" to him.

Here's the debate: Drop the drama queen (bad days) or Enjoy the cuddles (good days)...

I guess ya'll are right. But for the most part, I've never meet a man who is just as physically affectionate as me. He's the only person I know who doesn't complain about me "clinging" to him.

Here's the debate: Drop the drama queen (bad days) or Enjoy the cuddles (good days)...

yeah again... same with this guy... always wanting to kiss me hold me hug me, sex was great bla bla bla

Maybe we dated the same guy??

When He Says He Wants Space | Begin...
When He Says He Wants Space | Beginner's Guide

Archived