water infection/incubation period

jahur

hi all,

my sister has got a water infection 2 days after coming back from the dominican, a real bad un, she hasnt been sexually active for a week but was before, with same partner and never had an infection. i know she is run down and stressed and didnt slep on the flight (12 hours) she went to a wedding in the dominican republic for this week, she played lots of pool games volley ball and drank copius amounts of cocktails and rum.

she says she wasnt unfaithfull (which i believe)to her husband although she had chances she declined. now i know sex can cause such a ailment but what else can and what is the incubation period, does it just start on the day? does it need time to happen

i and my sister are not sure, can anyone help?

she is perplexed as to how she got it.

thanks

I hope she has talked ot her doctor. This isn't something that can be diagnosed online. She should get checked out right away, if she hasn't already. Urge her to call her doctor. Also, there are over the counter kits available to test for a yeast infection or UTI in the meantime.

uti- she was sexually active before her holiday and never had an infection, she stays celibate for a week shes away, and still gets one. does it stay in your system for a while waiting to pounce or does it just occur?

Do you mean she got sick from drinking the water? That is what I believe a water infection to be.

she drank from bottled water, but she may have had ice cubes though? could it be she accidentley ingested the pool water while doing pool aerobics? pool volley ball or even drinking at the bar in the pool (pool bar)

its a urinary tract infection

UTI's can come from many many different things, not just sex. If she was in th water swimming, that could cause it. The heat and tight clothing could cause it. The list goes on. She should get to her doc and get some meds. A UTI is not a sexually transmitted disease, so she shouldnt worry about "being faithful".

UTI's can come from many many different things, not just sex. If she was in th water swimming, that could cause it. The heat and tight clothing could cause it. The list goes on. She should get to her doc and get some meds. A UTI is not a sexually transmitted disease, so she shouldnt worry about "being faithful".

i thought that a dirty penis or sex would push the bacteria up the vaginal wall into the urinary tract. it also could happen if it was anal to vaginal sex. but she swears blind she had no sex whilst she was there, she is devoted to her husband and its her husband whos trying to find out through me!

I thought that a dirty penis or sex would push the bacteria up the vaginal wall into the urinary tract. it also could happen if it was anal to vaginal sex. but she swears blind she had no sex whilst she was there, she is devoted to her husband and its her husband whos trying to find out through me!

The fact that he is asking you is totally inappropriate. Your sis should go to the doctor and get everything straightened out. If she has some kind of infection, there can be many explanations for it, and many of them don't require wrong doing on her part. She needs to get to the doctor.

TO answer your question about an incubation period, I dont think there is one. Something has to cause the infection and when it's infected, it's immediate. I dont think there is a delay in time.

ah this is quite crucial, i saw her last night and she was very tired and quite drunk, she touched down on monday morning in the uk @ 6.30 am

and only complained of it to me today. she is already wearing pads to stop any leakage can this happen so soon?

i thought that a dirty penis or sex would push the bacteria up the vaginal wall into the urinary tract. it also could happen if it was anal to vaginal sex. but she swears blind she had no sex whilst she was there, she is devoted to her husband and its her husband whos trying to find out through me!

I urinary tract infection is an inflammation of the urinary tract. The urethra leading to the kidneys and bladder. It is not an STD. It occurs in virgins and people who never have sex. It just happens. Her husband should never be suspicious of a UTI. I wouldnt be. They are naturally occurring and the slighest thing such as tight blue jeans or pants can cause them.

ah this is quite crucial, i saw her last night and she was very tired and quite drunk, she touched down on monday morning in the uk @ 6.30 am

and only complained of it to me today. she is already wearing pads to stop any leakage can this happen so soon?

She is having leakage, you mean urine, right? IF that is the case, she needs to get to a doctor soon. If the infection is so bad that she is losing bladder control than it's more than just a UTI. It may have spread to her bladder and or kidneys.

I urinary tract infection is an inflammation of the urinary tract. The urethra leading to the kidneys and bladder. It is not an STD. It occurs in virgins and people who never have sex. It just happens. Her husband should never be suspicious of a UTI. I wouldnt be. They are naturally occurring and the slighest thing such as tight blue jeans or pants can cause them.

thanks everyone, i just asked her if she had ice cubes, and she did, i can guarantee they werent from bottled water, she has had the odd pain since monday and now its bad being weds!

^^ Thats right. Sometimes I get them from drinking too much alcohol/coffee and no water.

She def wants to avoid a kidney infection. I have never felt pain like that in my life!

she hates drinking water, it makes her gag, this is looking clreary by the minute!

she hates drinking water, it makes her gag, this is looking clreary by the minute!

I hated water too and barely drank it as a child. My mom would have to make lemonade with very little sugar just to get some water in me! Sooo when I got older I started to have a lot of problems with bladder infections and UTIs. I got one UTI and continued to get them since (chronic UTI). So I def drink my water now! It went down from getting them every 2 months to once or twice a yr now. Moral of the story....drink water!

I hated water too and barely drank it as a child. My mom would have to make lemonade with very little sugar just to get some water in me! Sooo when I got older I started to have a lot of problems with bladder infections and UTIs. I got one UTI and continued to get them since (chronic UTI). So I def drink my water now! It went down from getting them every 2 months to once or twice a yr now. Moral of the story....drink water!

ha id say! but she hasnt had an infection for a whole heap of years!

Archived