I'm waiting for something bad to happen.

I have been healing pretty well lately. I have been working out, reading books I like, watching old shows I love, talking to my mom, hanging out with my mom and my sister. I met a guy who's really nice. I still need to find a job but I love my apartment because it has been newly painted and I fixed it up nicely the way I like it being single. But now I'm waiting for something bad to happen. Such as not finding a job, or my car breaking down, or the new guy to turn out to not be not so nice. I can't be happy without thinking something bad is gonna happen. I just don't understand it, I guess. What do I do?

Have you ever watched the movie "The Secret"? I believe some of that is true. I am working on this myself but when you put so much focus on something bad happening...it usually does. Enjoy your happiness right now and like Hers said, you will get thru it if it does happen. (hers...you are so wise

haha, not wise...just know what i've been through and how i've gotten through it.

just remember:

pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. we're human. we'll go through bad things. it happens. it's life. but we don't have to suffer!

agreed..this way of thinking is basically fullfilling your own prophecy, your just waiting for something to come along so you kinda say "i knew it" life comes at you like waves..sometimes on your on the crest other times your caught under the tides..Its how we deal with those times that make us strong, If we never have anything bad happen, we would never learn and grow..

Just yesterday I realized that the best thing to come out my crappy situation with ex-bf is that he put me through hell and I lived through it. No matter what happens next, I know I'm strong enough to handle it. I'm invincible!! Coco, you can't stop bad things from happening and you sure can't give up all the good just to protect yourself. Know that you're strong enough to handle the worst. You've done it once. If you have to, you can do it again : )

Have you ever watched the movie "The Secret"? I believe some of that is true. I am working on this myself but when you put so much focus on something bad happening...it usually does. Enjoy your happiness right now and like Hers said, you will get thru it if it does happen. (hers...you are so wise

This poster is correct. Positive thinking will help you handle anything that comes your way. It may even give you the right frame of mind to make some good things happen for yourself too.

Hey thanks you guys, I have never seen the movie "The Secret" though. When I think about my ex I think about how blind I was in thinking he was so great. He told me one time that no one would ever treat me as good as he does..and HE DID NOT TREAT ME GOOD. I was brainwashed into thinking I was this evil jerk of a bad girlfriend when in actuality I was just really really unhappy and was taking it out on him when I should have broken up with him a loooooooong time ago. So yeah he wasn't great at all. I am feeling so good lately, like my eyes are finally open. Oh and if he didn't break up with me I would still be with him trying to make it work! THANK YOU JESUS THAT IS NOT HAPPENING. lol

thanks hersmudders. I remember almost a year ago when I was still going through all the bad stuff I prayed to God to please help me get out of that relationship, I was laying in bed crying after a fight...and we fought a lot, it probably sounds funny because i'm asking for help to get out of a relationship when I could just end it on my own, but I couldn't do it I felt like I couldn't live without him (so dumb) . I guess this was how it was supposed to happen because I feel so glad that I'm not still there in that horrible relationship, I feel like I was dead inside for so long now I'm not anymore. But I'm a religious person so I'm not sure if many people would agree with me. Either way something happened that got me out of that relationship.

And you know what else? You'll go into your next relationship knowing how you don't want to act and how you don't want to be treated and you will have a better one.

Exactly, I know I will not let a guy treat me any kind of way he feels like it, and I won't let a guy stand me up or be late all the time. My ex was always late and unreliable, always being irresponsible. I know what I want now, and I won't treat another guy bad because if I'm not happy I know how to express myself better!

Archived