How to make her realise I'm serious?

Anonybrit
5 Signs That Your Girlfriend is a P...
5 Signs That Your Girlfriend is a Psychopath Ways To Get Over Her

I dumped my girlfriend recently, she's a selfish and brattish girl and I want nothing to do with her ever again, she always found ways of making me feel bad about the effort I would put into the relationship. I really hate her.

We have "broken up" a couple of times but I'd never really mean it and most of the time neither would she, and so this time I think she thinks I am not serious. When I broke up with her her only reaction was to see "ok, fine yep, cool" and that was it, and I have had no contact from her since.

I don't think it will be hard for her to move on at all as she is an inherently self-absorbed and selfish human being, but I really need to move on asap because I can't stand the thought of her expecting me to crawl back to her - I really could not despise her more and I am already considering my prospects with other girls I am interested in. I just want her to show she realises it's over, express some kind of regret that this 2 year relationship has ended, and be done with it.

How can I make her realise it is over for GOOD? Other than the long silent treatment, which will take a while with this girl because it takes her days and days of no contact before she even registers any interest in my feelings towards her, let alone acknowledging a final break up.

It sounds more like you want her to feel bad and make you feel like breaking up actually affected her, rather than accepting her nonchalant response which showed little caring.

If you want to move on then go and do so. Nothing she says or does can help you - you need to put her out of your mind and out of your life, and start moving forwards without constantly wondering why she didn't appear to take you seriously about it. No good can come of it.

I do want her to feel bad but I would accept even a happy reaction from her so long as it showed she finally accepted this was over. I just know that a few days/weeks from now she will have her routine breakdown, begging for me not to leave her - I don't want that, I can't handle that, I have always given in.

This girl is a cancer on people's lives I really have to get away from her I want to get it over with NOW!

Well, what ways does she have to get in touch with you? If you don't answer her calls, don't open her emails and give her no option besides turning up at your door, it'll be a lot easier to stay firm.

It'll be hard to actually stick to that but ask yourself, do you want to put yourself in a position where you will probably give in to her, again?

I suppose not... I will try blanking her entirely, but I just wish she would turn around and say "look ok, I understand it's over" and cut out this period of mind games.

Honestly she has spammed me with suicide texts in the past when I have tried blanking her in order to finalise a break up.. it's murder, I just want her to disappear

Well, so far she has disappeared. She may contact you again but just ignore her. You have already done all you had to do by breaking up with her. Either she accepts it or she doesn't. But telling her you really mean it won't accomplish anything. Ignoring her if she calls will show her you mean it this time.

Yeah, think a lot of people wish their exes would just disappear until they're completely over them if only it were that easy!

You know what she's like, it sounds like you've been through it multiple times. Stay strong and for gods sake, don't open her messages, don't respond to her, do what you can to keep all contact to a minimum. Unfortunately, you can't force her to see it's over, and even if she did that wouldn't mean she'd accept it and leave you alone. The only thing you can control is your own actions.

Good luck

The thing is when I get texts saying she is going to walk out into the street in the middle of the night and let herself get raped and killed... I am basically powerless not to reply, and she wont calm down until i tell her it's ok, it's ok, we'll stay together.

Sometimes, when it's really bad, I genuinely worry she will actually do something terrible.

The thing is when I get texts saying she is going to walk out into the street in the middle of the night and let herself get raped and killed...

It is highly unlikely she would do that and even if she meant it murderous rapists aren't always conveniently on hand.

It is highly unlikely she would do that and even if she meant it murderous rapists aren't always conveniently on hand.

Well, walking out into central London in a state like that never ends well

But you're probably right...

And no, I'm not over it yet, but I am 100% sure I never want to see her again, and yes I am very angry, she has been the worst thing to happen to me in my entire life..

Well, walking out into central London in a state like that never ends well

But you're probably right...

And no, I'm not over it yet, but I am 100% sure I never want to see her again, and yes I am very angry, she has been the worst thing to happen to me in my entire life..

sorry, but this here, seems to be the problem, not your ex. (not saying she isn't a problem!)

I dated a guy who would constantly complain about his ex and how much she had wronged him and how he was the victim of her selfishness... and it ended not very nice,

Seriously, work on ignoring her and getting over it, not no responding to her texts/ calls.

You don't need to do a thing. If it's really over, then no drama is necessary. It sounds like you still want drama--and that's only going to come off as transparent to her that you're not really over her. Walk on--if you really mean it. "Living well is your best revenge..."

I agree with those who say that's it up to you, not her, to realize that you're serious and act like it. Trust me, I understand how hard it is to ignore an ex while you still have feelings for them, but the fact is that you are not "powerless", no matter WHAT she says or does. You have the power to make the decision not to be with her, and you have the power to continue to choose that every day from here on out. It's all up to you! Which is kind of the good news *and* the bad news, lol...

I dated a guy who would constantly complain about his ex and how much she had wronged him and how he was the victim of her selfishness... and it ended not very nice,

I don't think this will last into my next relationship, once it's over it's over, I will be so happy to be in another relationship I don't think the last 2 years will haunt me any more.

I don't think this will last into my next relationship, once it's over it's over, I will be so happy to be in another relationship I don't think the last 2 years will haunt me any more.

it doesn't sound like that to me.

anytime someone thinks too much of their ex, whether it's bad thoughts or good thought... it's still a red flag.

The guy I was with said the same thing!

even whenyou say, "I will be so happy to be in another relationship " that seems like a warning sign right there. I would run a mile of a guy said that to me.

it doesn't sound like that to me.

anytime someone thinks too much of their ex, whether it's bad thoughts or good thought... it's still a red flag.

The guy I was with said the same thing!

even whenyou say, "I will be so happy to be in another relationship " that seems like a warning sign right there. I would run a mile of a guy said that to me.

Good point but considering I only broke up with her a few days ago and it was not under very pleasant circumstances at all, I think I am entitled to a few weeks to get over the whole mess.

I suppose not... I will try blanking her entirely, but I just wish she would turn around and say "look ok, I understand it's over" and cut out this period of mind games.

Honestly she has spammed me with suicide texts in the past when I have tried blanking her in order to finalise a break up.. it's murder, I just want her to disappear

My ex has been playing mind games with me for the last 7 years..and that includes the last three years since he got engaged and married....some people are experts at mind games and are so full of themselves that they need an audience..the words "no, get lost" just does not compute with them...because they are used to always getting their way and are master manipulators of people and situations.

Archived