Ask men thread

Bad Wolf

I do know he has a right to get upset but see, some of those men on the soap operas I watched expected the girl to forgive them easily right that day. If the woman brings it back, the man is like ''Ahh, I told you I'm sorry..please forgive... please... blah.. blah.. The woman therefore does forgives fast that day but when they get cheated, their reaction is different.

That's what I meant hypocrite... In the soap operas I seen, the woman is expected to be forgiving right away and the man doesn't or does but with difficulty...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do know he has a right to get upset but see, some of those men on the soap operas I watched expected the girl to forgive them easily right that day. If the woman brings it back, the man is like ''Ahh, I told you I'm sorry..please forgive... please... blah.. blah.. The woman therefore does forgives fast that day but when they get cheated, their reaction is different.

That's what I meant hypocrite... In the soap operas I seen, the woman is expected to be forgiving right away and the man doesn't or does but with difficulty...

Well yes, the problem with those fictional men is not that they're upset about their partner cheating ... their problem is that they're insensitive and unfaithful.

In any case, men on television are somewhat different from men in real life. According to the magical world of television, men are all sex-crazed, unfaithful buffoons, and women are all scornful, frigid, emasculators. It's not terribly helpful to look to soap operas when gauging human behaviour.

• 3 weeks later...

This has nothing to do with romance, but do you men have any advice on how I can motivate my lazy co-workers who happen to be men? (Believe me, I am not making any generalization about men, just needing help re: these particular men. Thanks.)

It's kind of disturbing when you think of your little brother thinking about that. Gross. I'd prefer not to know! lol. I'm sure not ALL guys are the same, right?

well it kinda depends! If im somewhere like down the bay and theres just fit girls everywhere wearing little skirts and stuff then yeah i guess you cant help but think about how youd love to errm....ya'know!! But not ALL the time!

How do you feel if a woman hardly ever disagree, follow your every whim all the way to the point of always apologizing on every single argument, never place demands and finally overly praising you even when it's not always true? This would be the female version of a Mr. Too Nice. Do many of you look for those types of women?

How do you feel if a woman hardly ever disagree, follow your every whim all the way to the point of always apologizing on every single argument, never place demands and finally overly praising you even when it's not always true? This would be the female version of a Mr. Too Nice. Do many of you look for those types of women?

Some guys I know like that in a woman, they prefer the submissive type. Though personally, I like more dominant women (but NOT a feminist). A woman who knows what she believes and doesn't stray from her core values based on what other people say. It demonstrates strength, which is the most attracive quality in my eyes.

Personally, I want a woman who knows when to keep her mouth shut (like if men are arguing), but won't roll over if her husband is abusive. Yes, you can be too nice.

If this were you, what would this behavior mean?

You were dating this younger girl at your church/school/etc., but then when a new woman member joined that was your age, you start looking at her, smiling, talking to her, and sitting by her. But you have a girlfriend.

Then one week, you break up with your girlfriend and you decide to only tell the new woman in private. You tell her you want your next relationship to go slow and you want to wait for physical intimacy. You tell her you want to get to know your next partner before getting serious. Then you ask her a bunch of questions, tease her a bit, and invite her to a meeting next week (it's a group thing, not a date). You tell her where you went to high school and volunteer to bring your yearbook to show her next time the two of you see each other (which comes out of nowhere)

Are you interested or just being friendly?

If that were me, those behaviors would indicate that I was VERY interested. I wouldn't be anywhere near so forward otherwise - and I wouldn't be dumping my girlfriend and cozying up to you in that way, either. That is not how I would behave if I were merely being friendly, no.

Do men prefer a stay at home mom, or a woman who works?

Oh, and SOUTHERN- How come you're always "offline"?

well a man's idea of a stay at home woman and a man's are usually somewhat different.

a man's idea of a stay at home woman:

when i wake up in the morning to take a shower- you are already awake and you have laid out my clothes for the day's work...

i get dressed and go downstairs...where my coffee is waiting and breakfast is straight off the fire.

we small talk for a minute- and then you give me a nice kiss before i leave the door...you've helped have all my 'stuff' organized for work and have prepared a nice lunch for me on days i do not have work lunches.

when i come home from work- i can sit down and have a glass of beer or wine and decompress for bout 30 minutes...dinner to follow shortly thereafter which you've made and its to my liking...

we talk after dinner- and after the kids are in bed...you make passionate love to me before we fall asleep.

i do not have to clean the house only make repairs and all the outside work is mine...

don't nag at me all the time about how hard you work and such every single day...that is what your g/f's and mom/sisters are for...i have a hard day at work too and i'm not dumping it on you all the time (well this is for any type of wife)

that's kind of a start.

What can be the reason a man tells me ''You're funny'' when I can't even make a good joke. In fact I don't even laugh at jokes until I see more people laughing. Even so, I still don't get what the joke was about but still laugh...

It's a compliment.

What is the right way to talk to a guy?

Let me be more spesific, i really love my bf and he is very sweet but there are a few little things that bother me about him, how do i tell him those things without making it sound like he can't do anything right?

I don't want him to think i don't appriciate all the other things he does but these little things are irritating me more and more and i know there is some simple explanation i just don't know how to ask for it without sounding ungreatful for all the other thing he does for me?

Thanks for replying to all our texts guys! this means the world to us girls!!!

What is the right way to talk to a guy?

Let me be more spesific, i really love my bf and he is very sweet but there are a few little things that bother me about him, how do i tell him those things without making it sound like he can't do anything right?

I don't want him to think i don't appriciate all the other things he does but these little things are irritating me more and more and i know there is some simple explanation i just don't know how to ask for it without sounding ungreatful for all the other thing he does for me?

Thanks for replying to all our texts guys! this means the world to us girls!!!

Youre right in think you need to tread lightly here. I would need to know what these little things are, though.

Well things like we hardly go anywhere anymore because he is always tired. i never push him because i understand that he is tired but still, every night?

then like when i don't initiate contact i hear very little from him like one sms a day.

another is like he will see his friend every night and be there until eleven at night, very energetic and full of jokes but with me he is tired and wants to go to bed early.

things like these bother me alot and i don't know how to tell him this!!!

he plays pc games at work with his friend but he doesn't have time to text me and say hi!!!!

i get so frustrated some times!!!

Well things like we hardly go anywhere anymore because he is always tired. i never push him because i understand that he is tired but still, every night?

then like when i don't initiate contact i hear very little from him like one sms a day.

another is like he will see his friend every night and be there until eleven at night, very energetic and full of jokes but with me he is tired and wants to go to bed early.

he plays pc games at work with his friend but he doesn't have time to text me and say hi!!!!

He doesn't seem to be that into you to me. I make time for the ones I care about.

I wouldnt go so far as to say he's not that into her. It certainly COULD be true tho, but people are different, what he's doing could have nothing to do with her. It sounds like a problem that seriously needs to be worked out tho. As far as how to talk about things with him, I'll come back later with some ideas...

• 2 months later...

I am usually quite busy and don't keep in contact with many people. But when I have a girl, I make more then enough time for her, to the point where if I don't watch myself I become clingy. Bottom line, I think he is not taking the relationship and you seriously. I would give him the cold shoulder, and back off,see how he reacts. If he doesn't come after you, then he is not into you and you can end this and stop worrying and getting hurt.

Archived