Facebook - And You're Out!!

10 weeks ago I removed my ex from facebook. It has helped me immensely but she still crops up from time to time on mutual friends pages and photos, and I find myself keeping my eye out for her more, which also means I'm spending too much time on it when I should be moving on.

So today I decided not to use facebook anymore. I've removed everything except my actual profile and friends. I figure I'll want to use it again some day. I've changed my password to a word I will only use when I have healed.

Onwards and upwards!

Guys, why beats yourself up???

I know it's hard but get them deleted otherwise be stuck in Limbo...

I had to deleted her from mine... and her friends... best thing I could have done... it's better not to know and wonder.

Turner...

Guys, why beats yourself up???

I know it's hard but get them deleted otherwise be stuck in Limbo...

I had to deleted her from mine... and her friends... best thing I could have done... it's better not to know and wonder.

Turner...

We have mutual friends, so I wasn't prepared to remove them as well as remove her. So I've just decided not to use it anymore. So much easier than logging on and expecting/hoping to see what she has been up to.

I'm planning on cancelling my whole account(s).

My friends will be added to my new one.

I am in the same case as Rob.

We have a VIP mutual friend in common.

The thing is our her mutual friend doesn't like her for the way she has been to me and what she has become.

Afterall our mutual friend is the one who set us up and still believes we would have been good together if it wasn't for her unexpected shocking change of persona from lovable to unloveable.

But even so, I plan on deleteing my profile(s) all together so only certain friends can see me and no one will be able to know it's me otherwise.

deleted my ex like 3 days after she broke up with me - deleted her friends/family everyone related to her a week or so after that. I wrote each of her friends and family a msg though saying that as much as I respected them, I needed to do it. None of them replied (except for hte dad - but even then, he just gave a 2 line email), so i thought * * * * it, they dont have the guts to respect me, so Im not going to give it another thought.

focused on getting over the last 14 months. Got back to being me. Got back to the gym. Took up golf. And with the help of the psychologist, im getting there, and started dating again.

So congrats for having the strength to take action - you are already on the mend

I changed my password to a pile of letters and number so now, I don't even know what it is! I've programmed my phone to text it to me on January 1st 2010 so I will log back on then. Just before I logged out for the last time she commented on a friends status and when I saw it my heart sank. I'm sick of feeling like that so I'm completely justified in getting off the dang thing!

I have a lot of respect for you too! I have too many friends in other places to get of Facebook entirely, but it definitely can be a setback to healing. I set it so none of my ex's activity shows up in my main feed, and we have no mutual friends, but HE insists on commenting on all of my statuses, and every time his name pops up in my inbox it's painful to me. I've stopped putting up statuses for the time being, but that's obviously not a long-term solution!

I set it so none of my ex's activity shows up in my main feed, and we have no mutual friends, but HE insists on commenting on all of my statuses, and every time his name pops up in my inbox it's painful to me. I've stopped putting up statuses for the time being, but that's obviously not a long-term solution!

He insists? Does he own you? no - if you dont want him on your list - delete away!

one thing i hate is ex's who say "lets be friends" thats bull * * * * - it never works. And i get to that extremely psychotic mad stage when they start intruding in on my life because they think they are my friends....nah screw that.......i rather be at peace, and remove them from all aspects of my life

I just dont understand why people are so wussy and keep the ex's on their facebook/myspace/emails etc

If you all decided what to do, make it short and deep enough.... cut lose all contact at very 1st stage, it does sound mean but no matter you are hoping for recon' or what... NC is absolutely crucial(regardless how much pain you or your ex having) for first few weeks..it does help both of you to have your time alone and think about something, its either moving on or put in some discussion...

If you never actually kill it, it will be back crawling to you... don't keep any hope or what to be friends or whatever, friends don't made by this way.... absolutely NO...

Always bugs me when when my ex would say.

We can be friends or we are friends.

We were never friends, as we started off with a big bang.

Then she would become horrible to me when I did not deserve it.

Then we get back together and goes all crazy again tryong to find things bad about me again.

Then she wants us to be friends after making me feel bad.

Not going to happen.

Anger sets in. . .

I changed my password to a pile of letters and number so now, I don't even know what it is! I've programmed my phone to text it to me on January 1st 2010 so I will log back on then. Just before I logged out for the last time she commented on a friends status and when I saw it my heart sank. I'm sick of feeling like that so I'm completely justified in getting off the dang thing!

You are soooooo close, my friend! I like the highlighted part. Setting goals is a good thing. Sometimes you just have to say - ENOUGH!

I dont like facebook at all, i can see the appeal for people and would never tell anyone i think theyre wrong for using it but for me i like to keep my life private, after my recent break up with my ex im soooo pleased im not on it, i did try it a long time ago but deactivated it a couple of weeks later, the only time i ever go on now is to look at photos if say ive been for a night out with the girls or something then deactivate it again straight away, my ex is on facebook and im so pleased i never made friends with him because i know i would look and it would hurt me. Well done you!

I wish I could stop going on facebook....everytime she pops up on a mutual friends page, or comments on something, my heart stops and it changes my mood in an instant...such as right now, I was in a perfectly good mood, saw her comment on someones status, now I feel lowww

Give yourself a huge pat on the back. It took me a painful two months after my first major break up to realize that fb was killing me inside, seeing him move on, finally with photos of the new gf, and that's when it hit me in the stomach that I did not need to torture myself any longer. I blocked him the very next minute, then deleted all photos in my computer of us together, deleted all emails, chats, etc. I didn't need any reminders to hurt me again. I took the power back. I am so proud of you!

Why dont you guys block your ex's? Thats what i did, you will never see their name on anybody's facebook page/suggested friends, status, anything. DO IT!

I guess some fo us are still hanging on to a glimmer of hope that it is not the end.

I'm trying to let go.

I hate how I find it hard.

But at the same time I know what I'll be like when I see her next if I do.

She rarely sees that side of me.

Infact only once.

Last time she did she was scared and I was not at my full expression of my anger.

Why dont you guys block your ex's? Thats what i did, you will never see their name on anybody's facebook page/suggested friends, status, anything. DO IT!

because of mutual friends. Even though I can block her from appearing, she can still pop up in a photo where friends are tagged. And mutual friends status updates, for example...

John Smith... "had a great time at EX's birthday party."

I don't want to see ANYTHING!

Well you don't have to stop using facebook for somebody, just goto Privacy setting and block that person, so you won't see anything related to her...photos, news feeds, comments etc..etc...I did the same thing when I broke up with my ex.

I also went a step further and deleted all her friends, so that even if they put up pictures of her without tagging her, I would never see it.

Believe me life becomes much simpler and you have one less thing to bother about.

All the best!!

Wow, I actually have a life without Facebook, Myspace, or any social networking sites. I have plenty of friends, don't need 1,000 more. When I break up with someone, I have no temptations and I don't have to block anyone from anything! It makes life simpler, believe me.

Archived