Neither confirms nor denies

justsomeguy1
If He Likes You He'll Do This -...
If He Likes You He'll Do This - Harsh Truth

There is a woman I am attracted to but she is not attracted to me. We are friends and email each other. Anyways I tell her I know she is not interested in more then just friendship but she neither confirms or denies it. Any reason why?

I don't know why it bothers me, maybe I need closure and need to hear it from her before I can move on?

she probably gets an ego boost from the attention and doesn't want it to stop, but doesn't want you either. So she's not gonna lie and say she's interested when she's not, but she's not gonna openly reject you either because she wants the flattery to continue. Instead of saying 'I know you're not interested', say 'look, are you interested? I just need a straight answer.' That way she has to be honest with you.

she may feel sorry for you? just forget about her.. move on

Not sure why she would feel sorry for me? She knows I date other people.

she probably gets an ego boost from the attention and doesn't want it to stop, but doesn't want you either. So she's not gonna lie and say she's interested when she's not, but she's not gonna openly reject you either because she wants the flattery to continue. Instead of saying 'I know you're not interested', say 'look, are you interested? I just need a straight answer.' That way she has to be honest with you.

It is possible but not like her. And she does says she is happy for me when we talk about this person I am dating, or dated anyways (that didnt work out). It's not really the type of behavior I would expect from someone wanting an ego boost.

Maybe she felt uncomfortable continuing the subject.

I have a bloke I've known for years, and I try not to engage him but every now and then we'll talk and he keeps bringing it back to us getting together.... and me ignoring it because I am so completely not going there, even as a thought exercise.

I agree that she likes the ego boost. It may not seem "like her," but it is. It's like everyone! Simple human quality: men and women alike enjoy a good ego stroke, and there are very few things quite as flattering as an admirer. Sure, she can say she's happy for you when you're seeing someone--maybe she is, maybe she isn't--but that really doesn't prove a thing. I think she would be disappointed if you lost interest in her, but that doesn't mean she's interested back.

I think most girls have, at some point in their lives, done something similar to what she's doing. I have led guys on, without my OWN knowledge sometimes, simply because I liked the attention. Leading someone on can include not being straight with the other person about how you're feeling, kind of like she's doing. So...she may be doing it unintentionally, but all the same, if she was into you, you'd know for sure by now.

Peace and good luck!

Maybe she felt uncomfortable continuing the subject.

I have a bloke I've known for years, and I try not to engage him but every now and then we'll talk and he keeps bringing it back to us getting together.... and me ignoring it because I am so completely not going there, even as a thought exercise.

What i do not understand is I am giving her a way out, I dont say lets get together or put any kind of pressure to be more then friends, in fact I see at as reassuring her I am ok with her not being interested so why does she treat it like a sticky subject?

Meh, Teabee is right, thanks for everyone's opinions and I am just gonna move on.

Archived