moments.

ohchristina
Start Having Confidence In Relation...
Start Having Confidence In Relationships And YourSelf

i don't feel i can talk to my friends about this, because it's something im a bit scared & confused about

since 7th grade, i have looked almost exactly the same, going into 9th grade i changed my hair & few things with my style

im tired of always looking the same, feeling the same

i want to change my wardrobe, to look more appealing

i dont dress bad now, i just havent had a change in style

im the typical jeans and tank tops, tank tops and shorts

i want to start wearing dresses and skirts, but i feel i would look weird in them,

i want to look more girly, i want to feel comfortable with it though

what can i do? i want to change, but little by little

suggestions please.

Yeah the best thing to do is to take gradual steps. Check out the latest trends that you want to try and slowly start changing yourself...

I had a similar situation years ago when I finally got contact lenses after wearing glasses my whole life - It was quite a change for me and everyone else, but after a while everyone got used to it and if you are cool with it others will be too. I thought I looked weird without glasses?? now when I put glasses back on I feel weird WITH them...strange..

People who have seen me in both even say that they think without glasses is better because they have gotten so used to it. Funny how it works out...

I am trying to do the same. I bought a skirt that I can wear with the tanks and tees I have already. Try wearing it around the house first, running around town for errands, up your comfort level in it. Wear it often, and it will feel natural after a while. Then start adding in pieces that are a little more outside of what you are used to. This is what works for me.

Just be yourself my dear! I was what most people would call an ugly duckling. I never grew until I was very old. I was 4'11 in middle school, had enormous feet, braces with headgear and glasses. You know what though? I changed. I don't look like that anymore, but who I am is still essentially the same. Don't worry about how you look too much, if you need too buy a couple of outfits that you like, not ones that would please others.

yeah i try not to care so much about looks, but we as girls know there is always so much competition. im just trying to feel comfortable with myself, i havent been content with myself in a long time

thank yoou though, i know i will eventually grow out of this stage

yeah i know the style i want to change to, but im just afraid of peoples reactions

but since school is about to start, maybe no one will say anything

everyone changes during summer

I would not worry about people's reactions. your friends are not going to stop being your friend just because you were a skirt instead of jeans.

If your wearing a skirt instead of jeans, guys might like your legs haha

Dresses are always pleasant.

this is what you want, dont let people's reactions, thoughts, words affect your wants and desires. dont let your life be controlled.

changing your style in the beginning of school is good.. most likely.. no one will say anything about it... when i was in school i left in 8th grade to live with my dad i came back in 10th. I had lost ALOT of weight.. and I had been very popular regardless of the weight i had on... not one person said anything to me about losing weight.. i swear to god.. i was like... wth.. not one person noticed? i think they did.. but didn't want to say anything..

Archived