How do I regain Trust?

Gabby_xo17

There's this guy that I really like. And I ended up lying to him about 2-3 times. The first time that I lied I apologized and he forgave me and trusted me as if nothing happened. But then I lied to him again and he got upset because he has never lied to me. He forgave me again a few days after but things just don't seem the same and he says that he can't trust me the way he did. I know it'll take time, but how can i regain his trust and attempt to make it the way it was before?

to gain trust is simple - just dont LIE! And you have to prove to him that he means everything to you......trust me i know about liars. My ex lied to me all the time, lied about how she felt, lied about even little things, lied about wanting kids etc - 14 months down the drain.

Think about it this way, when you lie to him, its liek you are cheating on him. Extreme I know. And also think about how you would feel if he lied to you. If this telling lies thing is a problem, then seek help - because as far as I can see, you are not really respecting yourself, and thats whats causing you to lie.

like MT said, just be honest with him no matter what. Be consistent in what you say and what you do and keep your promises. Open up to him and and confide in him things such as your fears or doubts or even the good things. Just by doing all these little things and staying truthful will help benefit the relationship in the long run. He may have a hard time trusting you at first but no matter, just tell the truth and in time he will come around : )

If you really want to regain trust, ask him this question.

tell him you want his trust, you will not lie again but you want him to trust you, what do you need to do?

He might not believe you, but its a great start. He will feel you really want to make things right.

if you guys start, or are dating, tell him you really like him and dont want to mess it up. so your going to do your part and not lie, but he has to trust you for it to work. if he does not trust you, in the end you guys wont last.

Archived