After an argument?

whatatodo

Better to respond or stay quiet...

So I was upset, he tried to see if I was okay, and when I spoke to him he was horrible to me which made me more upset and then I left. He then text apologising for not saying the right thing, that he'd make it up to me on Sunday, how he was sorry he couldn't see me tonight as he had commitments... i didn't get back to it because I'm upset and don't want to make it worse. Then a few minutes ago he left me a voicemail saying more or less the same thing. I haven't called him back or messaged him.

The argument was because a friend let me down to go out this evening, which upset me, as i really need to let of steam.... and then it highlighted the fact that this guy I've been seeing for about a year puts his friends above me constantly, and can't even commit....

SO... he's off out now to be all fun with his best girl friend who passed an exam today, whilst he knows I'm at home upset... i understand he made a commitment... and I understand he can't change his plans but it's made me annoyed that I'M never a priority, like he puts his friends...

Do I text him something, if so what? And will this not just blow things up... or do I just leave it, which I know is probably the best for not prolonging bad feeling and getting annoyed with each other... BUT I know he'll think I'm being pathetic ignoring him... and then we speak about it on Sunday?? Or maybe I shouldn't bother seeing him on Sunday... everything always seems to be on HIS terms.... something we'd even only just had a heart to heart about earlier on that day!!

Is this the same guy from your earlier post that cheated on you? If so, it doesn't sound like he's trying very hard to win back your trust. And, he's out now with a girl (friend), who passed an exam today? If she's just a friend, why weren't you invited to go along?

I think that you should put more thought into whether you want to stay in this relationship. He should be treating you like a queen, in order to prove that you can trust him, and this doesn't seem to be happening here.

This girl I have NO problem with whatsoever, they're like brother and sister. I realise he should be treating me like a queen, but what can I do... sadly I love the guy..... I don't know what to do..... he's totally rubbish with emotions.... I'm not making excuses for him, just that I give him the benefit of the doubt. We had a chat about 'us' today and I do believe he's not seeing anyone else. He's just SO close to his friends, they're like his family and he puts them above everything. I just wish that he could treat me like that once in a while, something we'd JUST spoken about... I think what bugs me, is if he was clearly upset or needed help, I'd drop everything... saying that this girl friend has recently been cruelly dumped by her boyfriend of years... and she DOES need her friends!!

I just need to know what to do now... I want him to be thinking about me, and I know he will be, but at the same time, in his mind he may be thinking he's done all he can to 'make up' with me and that's enough and he'll go out and have fun... somehow he expects me to be able to too...

He did admit earlier on today that he KNOWS he's selfish and he's sorry for it.... I'm happy with how we are the moment, I AM... especially after today's chat, but i just need to know what to do about this argument....

Better to respond or stay quiet...

SO... he's off out now to be all fun with his best girl friend who passed an exam today, whilst he knows I'm at home upset... i understand he made a commitment... and I understand he can't change his plans but it's made me annoyed that I'M never a priority, like he puts his friends...

Hmm, I don't get this. You are a committed couple? If so, I can't imagine why he wouldn't cancel to be with you. Or at least invite you along. Sounds like his priorities are a little mixed up.

well we've been 'seeing each other' for coming up to a year... but no, we're not known as girlfriend and boyfriend even though he says hes not seeing anyone else or is looking for anything else.... and nor am I!? We even had that conversation again today.... i do think his priorities are wrong but how do i tell him this without him getting angry at me... end of the day no guy would choose to be with someone who'd been upset over some fun........ i know I'd chose the other way if it were him.....

Archived