Charlie Harper Syndrome

What do you think? There's nothing saying you have to have a gf. If you want to date around, be free to do as you choose, that's up to you.

The only objection I have is going the extreme route of becoming a playa or one of those people who has no regard for other people's feelings.

There is a way to be single and spend time with different women without lying, cheating, and that kind of bad stuff. That's the thing I think no one really wants to encourage you to go - - like I said, there's threads here of people who did that, and to be honest, it didn't seem to make them any happier. More jaded and bitter if anything.

Just keep it clean and have fun. cheers.

That's true. And as for what I think, well... I'd be up for another relationship, but I'd want a much better one. The thing is, I'm in grade 12 this eyar. At the end of this upcoming yea,r everyone will go to university, and split ways, and that basically ends all relationships. In university, I'm thinking it's the perfect time to be single, and enjoy the parties, girls etc. But If I meet a good girl, I think I'm always down for a relationship. But to be honest, I haven't had enough success as a single person to really give it an honest say.

Another thing to be aware of is the chance of ending up with a permanent STD such as herpes or HPV (genital warts), or, god forbid, HIV.

I am actually surprised at how the thought of acquiring these and then potentially passing them on to another partner does not deter more people from casual sex.

I can only count my blessings that a man I dated 4 years ago was willing to be honest when I asked him if he had ever had any STDs (I also insist on a blood test first). He told me he had a history of genital warts (currently in remission). If he had lied to me, I would probably have them now. I decided not to pursue dating him.

That's true. And as for what I think, well... I'd be up for another relationship, but I'd want a much better one. The thing is, I'm in grade 12 this eyar. At the end of this upcoming yea,r everyone will go to university, and split ways, and that basically ends all relationships. In university, I'm thinking it's the perfect time to be single, and enjoy the parties, girls etc. But If I meet a good girl, I think I'm always down for a relationship. But to be honest, I haven't had enough success as a single person to really give it an honest say.

Can i say - i think you are really young, and it is totally fine and acceptable to not want to 'settle down' at 18! i totally agree. just focus on having fun this year, getting into a good college, and let the chips fall where they may.

Can i say - i think you are really young, and it is totally fine and acceptable to not want to 'settle down' at 18! i totally agree. just focus on having fun this year, getting into a good college, and let the chips fall where they may.

Lol yeah exactly. Plus I'll probably end up meeting someone better for me in University because there's just so many more people. But until then, I think Charlie Harper sounds good.

Haha, well it looks as if the first test to my new lifestyle is coming up soon. This girl and I have been chatting lately, and she's basically guaranteed sexual things will occur when we hangout. Perfect for me, although I'm hoping she's not looking for a relationship. Either way, a girl like this is one I'd avoid even if I wanted a relationship.

• 5 months later...

Archived