I Think Dating Should Be For Adults Only...

vertigoxo

I could be wrong but from dragon lady's post I took it to mean she thought it's better to have a realistic expectation of where a relationship will be headed.

No one wants to think love doesn't last forever but fact is, you're unlikely to meet and marry the person of your dreams in high school. You're more likely to date, meet people and discover what you like, and eventually settle down later on. Some people do it sooner but how many young marriages always work out?

It doesn't have to put a downer on a relationship, but it's good for kids to have a healthy understanding that relationships don't always work out and when they don't, although it hurts life does then go on. It's the ones who can't handle the possibility of an ending who go downhill after a breakup.

You said it much better than I did. Thanks for that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You wish for people to wait until they're older to be serious but then show how even then we can screw it up. Maturity, not static age, is the issue here. If you made attempts earlier at relationships then perhaps you would've realized what made relationships work better and could have seen the possible effects of cocaine on your relationship.

Or not, in any event drugs seemed to be the issue for your relationship, not that you waited to start it.

hey listen, a really crap up bringing and early parental death caught up with me in my latter years and i didnt know then how to handle it, and as for teenage relationships, i did not want to get tied down or get serious at a young age, and enjoy my life, thats the insight worth having! record straight!

hey listen, a really crap up bringing and early parental death caught up with me in my latter years and i didnt know then how to handle it, and as for teenage relationships, i did not want to get tied down or get serious at a young age, and enjoy my life, thats the insight worth having! record straight!

And I was raped by my father, everyone has their own definitions of a bad upbringing and it seems largely irrelevant to making some silly age-restriction on dating especially when adults can screw up things worse than teens ever could.

And I was raped by my father, everyone has their own definitions of a bad upbringing and it seems largely irrelevant to making some silly age-restriction on dating especially when adults can screw up things worse than teens ever could.

your point is? im not here to compare hard luck stories, i was clarifying my opinion so respect that ok!

a silly age restriction, sorry have i hit a nerve?

your obviously not mature enough to respect others opinions if you make dismissive remarks. as the ones you have posted, im not on here to suck up and say " oh yes please have realtionships at any age" im here to speak openly on what i feel regardless of posters like you. please respect that.

i only mentioned drugs as to add to the story and clarify that NOT having serious relationships at a young age killed my marriage, if i wasnt a coke head (traumatic up bringing didnt help) i would possibly still have been married which would help dispell the YOU MUST GET HEAVY YOUNG TO HAVE BETTER RELATIONSHIPS IN THE FUTURE myth, i had fun when i was young and could of held the marriage together but drugs killed that not lack of serious love in my youth!

I don't think it's 'hitting a nerve' with anyone to suggest an age restriction on dating, it's just doomed to failure and therefore.... silly.

No need to try and make it personal for anyone - it's not like this is a likely scenario, an age-limit on dating it's just interesting to discuss.

I don't think it's 'hitting a nerve' with anyone to suggest an age restriction on dating, it's just doomed to failure and therefore.... silly.

No need to try and make it personal for anyone - it's not like this is a likely scenario, an age-limit on dating it's just interesting to discuss.

i didnt start getting heavy on this thread, it was my opinion! Kantriakhors opinion is appearing on here as final, and that is so not the case.

needs to read my replies a touch more.

well his/her response to my opinion was verging on this, just because i plucked an age figure out of the sky so to speak shouldnt really be open for a dig and try to lambast me. opinions are like assholes, we have all got one!

i think forging relationships is a key part of development. both friendships and romances. maybe some of you weren't ready at the age you started, but a lot of use certainly were.

and there is a difference between a relationship and a sexual relationship that needs to be recognized as well. the difference is blurred as you get older, but i certainly remember a stark line.

and ... instead of having a bunch of emotionally immature kids in relationships - you'd have a bunch of emotionally immature adults in relationships. there's enough of those already

your point is? im not here to compare hard luck stories, i was clarifying my opinion so respect that ok!

I respectfully disagree with it.

Nope, you haven't.

your obviously not mature enough to respect others opinions if you make dismissive remarks. as the ones you have posted, im not on here to suck up and say " oh yes please have realtionships at any age" im here to speak openly on what i feel regardless of posters like you. please respect that.

Thank you for the assumptions, I respect your view and disagree vehemently with it, I can do both.

i only mentioned drugs as to add to the story and clarify that NOT having serious relationships at a young age killed my marriage, if i wasnt a coke head (traumatic up bringing didnt help) i would possibly still have been married which would help dispell the YOU MUST GET HEAVY YOUNG TO HAVE BETTER RELATIONSHIPS IN THE FUTURE myth, i had fun when i was young and could of held the marriage together but drugs killed that not lack of serious love in my youth!

Which is why I questioned the validity of using that as an example to support your belief, that's all.

i believe love is natural and if two 15 year old kids fall in love then there is nothing wrong with that it is completely natural. The problem is with societal pressures using sex as a tool to sell products and forcing kids to have an unnatural view of sex. there is nothing wrong witfh love but there is something wrong with a 12 year old girl wearing make up and a mini skirt, there is something wrong with a 12 year old boy talking about * * * * ing alot of girls, but barely knows anything about sex.

I respectfully disagree with it.

Nope, you haven't.

Thank you for the assumptions, I respect your view and disagree vehemently with it, I can do both.

Which is why I questioned the validity of using that as an example to support your belief, that's all.

ditto, good luck in all your endeavours

If parents just talked to their kids, we wouldn't half the problems we have in our society.

Most crimes are committed by unloved, unwanted children who grow up angry and confused.

this is it- in wales (uk) it has been recorded to have the most teenage pregnancies alone, and the uk has the most teenage pregnancies in totallity in europe! im glad i never contributed to this! played safe when i was a teeny bopper! didnt get to involved. well said!

Archived