How do I intrepret her parents behavior?

a_lifters_life

Well,

We've been together 1 yr, 3 months.

Recently went on vacation with her family. I went on with them for 6 days, their whole vacation was 2 weeks but I had to come back to work. Anyways, when I was down there her mother says to me "Oh , you work too much you really should take some time off". She's said this repeatedly through the past couple summer months.

She says rude comments like that and since I dont see my g/f that often (exept on weekends at best - since I work full time during the summers) when I was on vacation with them for 6 days, on the last day they called me a "fun spong". They will not apologize for either of these ridiculous comments.

They try to apologize through my g/f and tells my g/f "yeah tell , that we're sorry". Shes clearly told them multiple times what was up and how that isnt a proper way to act or try to apologize.

At this point, I do not want to go anywhere near her parents until I get an apology. I read online that you should try to work any problems out immediately with parents in order to gain approval. But, I dont know if thats possible. I'm trying to do so with trying to have them call me to discuss it and their digging their heels in on this one. Their in their 50's I'm, 20.... I mean really?!

How does one get approval in a situation like this ? And is it even possible?

Thanks for reading this ridiculously long post

Different strokes for different folks.

Don't spend much time with them, after all she is your girlfriend not wife so you don't owe them anything. Even when one is married into the family, if they don't feel comfortable it should be made known. If the parents ignore it , then try and see them as little as possible.

why are you still questioning this relationship when you should have been out of it long ago? why do you ask for advice and never listen to it and realize this girl is not for you? to me, it seems you are staying in this relationship just to have a gf.

if you posters say i'm being rude and this doesn't fit the thread, read his other threads.

why are you still questioning this relationship when you should have been out of it long ago? why do you ask for advice and never listen to it and realize this girl is not for you? to me, it seems you are staying in this relationship just to have a gf.

if you posters say i'm being rude and this doesn't fit the thread, read his other threads.

Especially considering he keeps saying he's breaking up, this is the end..then turns around the next day, asks for advice about the same thing, doesn't take it..and then continues on with the crappy relationship.

Give it up man. Put another check mark in the problem column. Yeesh.

Although now I see where her daughter's behaviour comes from.

I completely agree. The OP is dragging this out.

Archived