I feel so scared and I'm so nervous I can't think straight

CoCo2009
Tired Of Being Broke? Lose your Pov...
Tired Of Being Broke? Lose your Poverty Programming

I have been looking for a job, any job but here in California its like...no one will hire me or something. I have lots of experience..I am looking for ANY job but no one is calling me back. I got up extra early this morning to call the unemployment office to see if I qualify for the second federal extension on my unemployment benefits because my first extension runs out September 14...they told me that they don't know if I will qualify until I actually run out. What if I don't? I read all the information on EDD.CA.GOV but its so freaking vague!! I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack or something. My mind is going round and round and round. I can't stop obsessing over it. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Support sites? Like what do you mean? I don't think so, I just want to know if anyone else lives in California and has had a second extension or know anything at all. I was on the internet all night until 2:30 am this morning and I couldn't find any definite answers. This is so hard and unfair. I have always worked, and I tried getting back into school but the financial aide wasn't enough. No matter what I try to do I can't get it together. I'm so scared.

It is depressing if you let it be.

Take all the extra time you have and start a business. What is it that you like to do or what is it that you're good at? Is something you're good able to make money off of?

Personally i've been dressing up my portfolio and loving unemployment for giving me all this extra time to focus on me.

Man I so wish I could start a business but I don't have any money lol. I mean I would be loving unemployment if I knew I would be okay next month. I still want a job though so I can feel good about myself. I don't like collecting this money from the government. I feel like a loser kinda.

Man I so wish I could start a business but I don't have any money lol. I mean I would be loving unemployment if I knew I would be okay next month. I still want a job though so I can feel good about myself. I don't like collecting this money from the government. I feel like a loser kinda.

You aren't a loser, just a victim of this awful situation, Coco.

My husband started his unemployment extension a few weeks ago, and he just took a new job this week. We have been very scared and I totally sympathize with what you're going through. Do not blame yourself for this. It's happening to lots of very good, hard-working citizens. My husband was unemployed for 30 weeks. How long have you been out of work?

I am ashamed to say that I have been out of work since October of 08 some people say that its ridiculous that it has been that long for me and that I must not be looking hard enough. I mean I apply for all jobs, I apply for fast food but then I realize what they are paying is not enough for me to survive on. Working in fast food or service makes me feel nervous because I am an office worker usually but I mean I would try it at least. They won't hire me though for some reason. I just want a receptionist job so that I can go to work and come home and take care of myself. Thats all I really want.

You don't need money to start your own business..All you gotta do is offer a service that other people don't want to do.

I mean yeah there are some small start-up costs with a business. What type of business determines how much. Some won't cost much at all.

Archived