No true friends

no friends

I am a 32yr old wife and at home mother of 3.My problems are this please tell me what your opinions are: I don't have any real friends i mean i have family and my husbands family that tolerate me because they have too but no one asks me to hang out or do anything I think people talk to me because there husbands/boyfriends are friends with my husband because he is so nice and friendly I am not my thought process is everybody wants something or will do something i guess to let you down i don't trust people with my thoughts so i just keep them to myself but have no problem telling anyone to there face that i don't want them around or can't stand there kid and I don't know why i am like this I never used to be i had friends in school and when i first had my 1st child (13yrs ago) and now i am just a miserable lonely * * * * * y person i need to change and don't know how i can't just wake up tomorrow and be all happy and fake people will think i am nuts please give me some advice a good book or whatever to put me back on track thank you

Get hobbies.

You need to start getting out of the house and out of your patterns and meeting new people. Doing things that make you happy and make you feel accomplished outside of being "Mom".

It won't be tomorrow, but if you do things that make you happy, eventually you will be happy and people will want to be around you.

my thought process is everybody wants something or will do something i guess to let you down

You need to work on this though. It's not condusive to being happy, either alone or around others.

5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Archived