First Dates?

MissDashwood

Hey all, just wondering what you guys think makes for the best first date experience. Where would you go? What would you do? How long does the date last? Do you like to keep it casual or, especially if you're a guy, do you like to impress on the first date? And girls, how casual is too casual for you? Do you prefer being impressed or do you like to keep it low-key? What are your tricks to keeping the stress down on a first date while still having a good time?

My ideal first date is a dinner. If I see more potential, I would suggest something afterwords, sweet like ice cream, or maybe low key like a laid back bar where you can sit in a booth together. If it's not going well, I would say I made plans with other friends later that night.

The girl i been dating for the last 2 weeks - first date we went to see an exhibition at the museum, and then coffee/pizza afterwards (whole thing was like 5 hours or so). This was quite interesting as I hadnt been on a date for a while - so I went a bit casual, but with the intent on finding out more about her.

Then second date was movie and coffee - again about 4 hours or so. This time I put more effort on impressing her with topics of conversation, charm etc - so basically showing her who I am as a person as well as getting to know her more.

About to organise a third date in the next day or 2 - but this time im thinking of doing a nice dinner

I think there is no time limit - just see where it takes you. And to keep the stress down, I think the exhibit thing worked well. Cos we both were very relaxed just looking at all the stuff, and we came out of there going "wow damn, that was really good!!!"

I prefer dinner in a quiet-ish restaurant but also like a walk in a park or a museum which can help with that first date awkwardness as far as conversation. I always preferred the guy to plan it or at least have specific suggestions in mind for what to do.

Personally, I like to break out of the norm..I like to suggest bowling or mini golf. This way we can have a few laughs(Since I'm terrible at both)..

If this works out, then it's usually onto a nice resturant. I find the activity type 1st date a nice ice breaker.

It depends. If you are just getting to know each other, then you could go for a fun activity. If you already know each other and where it's going, then you could get a bit more romantic.

For our first date, I took my current SO to a baseball game. Before that we went to an arcade. I paid for the tickets (they were a pretty penny) but we split everything else. On our second date we went to the beach and we hung out afterwards. For our third date, we're staying together at her place for the weekend. All of our dates have been fun, which does help with the whole attraction thing.

The key is to make it fun. Keep it casual. Whoever pays is up to you. Unless it is clear you two are going to be together, you should split it.

10 Unique Date Ideas
10 Unique Date Ideas

Archived