i miss her 2

My ex and I dated for 3.5 years and lived together for almost a year. We still live together but have been broken up for 2 months now while she has been seeing another guy.

Now, tell me if you think this is ridiculous. She gave me a handful of reasons for calling it off; I'm not motivated, I'm moody, and I don't dress up. That's right, I don't dress up. And when she say's dress up she means in the bed room or wear make up. See, she is a model (not a professional one but on model mayhem) and she sometimes likes to dress gothic. More often lately than before. When I first met her she was this sweet little blonde and now she has black and blue hair and has gotten more into wearing hot topic clothing. I think she had experimented with this stuff prior to me meeting her but she is back into it full force now.

Well, the guy she is with is basically the same way when it comes to appearance. I have seen his profile and he is really into the gothic thing too. I know it's superficial, but I think that is part of the reason she broke up with me...because I was too normal or something. She said we grew apart...maybe she is right. That is a pretty lame reason to be with someone isn't it? I think she is strongly attracted to this guy because he is more freaky looking...so really I shouldn't feel bad because that just isn't how I am.

Well, the guy she is with is basically the same way when it comes to appearance. I have seen his profile and he is really into the gothic thing too. I know it's superficial, but I think that is part of the reason she broke up with me...because I was too normal or something. She said we grew apart...maybe she is right. That is a pretty lame reason to be with someone isn't it? I think she is strongly attracted to this guy because he is more freaky looking...so really I shouldn't feel bad because that just isn't how I am.

I agree. That is a really superficial reason for someone to break up with you and you shouldn't feel bad about it. My boyfriend has changed his look a lot since we got together and it doesn't matter because I am not interested in him based on his looks.

Sounds like she has based her relationships on image, throwing all the qualities people should be looking for in a person.

Ditching someone good (maybe even perfect) by making up issues out of nothing for something superficial and temporary.

Sad really.

Nothing you can really do.

Her loss even though you hurt.

You ask about what sounds ridiculous? Living with your ex is ridiculous. Cure that, and the rest will fall into place.

Tried to cure it. I still feel like I did something wrong. She has reinforced the idea that in the beginning of our relationship she had to "counsel" me because I was * * * * ed up and now I can see that I did some things wrong and I almost feel like I deserve this * * * * . but I dont do i?

When I first met her she was this sweet little blonde and now she has black and blue hair and has gotten more into wearing hot topic clothing. I think she had experimented with this stuff prior to me meeting her but she is back into it full force now.
Goth's pride themselves on being dark don't they? Then, i find it strange that she uses your apparent moodiness as a tool against you. Lol, it's too funny when you think about it.

Anybody who has to turn to an image has a problem with their own image imo, therefore the need to become 'somebody else'. She is having trouble with her identity - growing pains.

I think she is strongly attracted to this guy because he is more freaky looking.

Lol, what happens if he takes his clothes off? "Get those clothes back on, i need you to look freaky" That's so ridiculous.

Tried to cure it. I still feel like I did something wrong. She has reinforced the idea that in the beginning of our relationship she had to "counsel" me because I was * * * * ed up and now I can see that I did some things wrong and I almost feel like I deserve this * * * * . but I dont do i?

This doesn't make any sense. Either you move out, or you just keep making everything about her perceptions and behaviors. It's a decision, and it's yours--not hers.

Archived