Ex Bf wants to get back with me...miserable

SoSick
What If My Ex Wants Me Back - What...
What If My Ex Wants Me Back - What To Do?

My ex bf wants to get back with me. We were together for almost 3 years, and then he up and left me for a girl he met at a club. He is still with her, they have been together for going on 3 years now. They have a 1 month old baby together(hurt me to know that), and he said the only reason why he didn't drop her is because she found out she was pregnant. The thing is, I KNOW it would be a bad idea to ever get back with him bc 1) he left ME for HER, and 2) he is still IN a relationship with her right now as I type this. The feelings for him never went completely away, and talking to him has caused them to resurface DRASTICALLY. I feel like I did when we first broke up all over again. Miserable. I would love to have him back in my life, but then again I dread the thought of it. *sigh* I just had to let my thoughts out.

So, you'd love to have him back in your life until... he meets someone else in a nightclub and runs off with her?

Once a cheater, always a cheater, and this is shown by his emotionally cheating on his current girlfriend with you.

Miserable now and getting over it is better than being left again later down the track.

Wow...this is a very difficult situation.

That miserable feeling you're feeling is a sign -- a sign that you know that getting back with him could come to no good.

He LEFT you for this girl.

He has stayed with her for the past three years.

He is having a baby with her.

He is now trying to get back with you while he is still with her and having a baby with her.

Your feelings are telling you something. This guy is NO good for you. I understand about the feelings still being there; I have experienced this myself. Just keep reminding yourself of the things I listed above. Most likely, he is fishing around because he is unhappy with her. If you reconciled with him, and he decided he was unhappy with you, he'd probably go calling up a previous ex (or some other woman). Sounds like he has issues with himself -- going from one woman (you) to another woman (her) and then trying to get back with you with no breaks in between. You should be vary wary of this guy. It sounds like he will only bring you more heartbreak.

So, you'd love to have him back in your life until... he meets someone else in a nightclub and runs off with her?

Once a cheater, always a cheater, and this is shown by his emotionally cheating on his current girlfriend with you.

Miserable now and getting over it is better than being left again later down the track.

I KNOW! You are completely right. And I KNOW this. It just seems to hurt more now that my wound has been reopened all over again. I HATE feeling this way, and i know only i can make it stop. He is pursuing me relentlessly.

You are so right.

run .. run far far far far away.

you did not need this in your life- you do not want this in your life... RUN!

this man is dirt!

I want to run. I swear i do. I dont even know WHY i still have feelings for him!?!?!? Like I dont get myself? lol Why would i even consider this knowing what he has done in the past>???1

3 years later. and you still havent seen him for the **** he is?

why would u want a person who so happily through u away? and stayed with her for 3 years!!!! why?

when that turns sour he will move on again.

+ theres a child thats not urs now. more drama? i wouldnt go there again

What is it that you got from him that you feel you are missing? Are you in a relationship now? Have you been in one since he left? Are you dating?

Nothing! I did have love and was taken care of, but like someone said, the love on his part clearly wasn't strong enough, otherwise he wouldnt have ever left. But I know he wont do anythin but have me worried about him going ot see his baby momma 'for the baby', when it would really be for somethin else. I am not in a relationship anymore. I have been in a relationship since he left, but it took me almost 2 years to heal up.

Let's look at the facts here. He leaves you for this girl. He gets this girl pregnant, then tries leaving her for you. He doesn't have a very good track record, like he's just flip flopping from one girl to the next and has no idea what he wants.

Yea....those reasons you listed above are the ONLY reasons why I have not gone back. I feel dumb? I already KNOW what it would be like, but yet I still think about it?

And his current gf knows none of this!!! None. They each have a myspace( i know, i know...bad), and her headlines are always about him and their baby and how happy/lucky she is to have him in her world. It makes me feel terrible, because I am contributing to the problem. He tells me how he feels about me, ect, but i have not once told any of how i felt. *sigh*

3 years later. and you still havent seen him for the **** he is?

why would u want a person who so happily through u away? and stayed with her for 3 years!!!! why?

when that turns sour he will move on again.

+ theres a child thats not urs now. more drama? i wouldnt go there again

No, I see him for the dog he is, it's just my feelings are in the way. I know everything of what everyone has said so far is most def. true...im just hurt bc i really cared for this man and i know it can and will never be.

Let's look at the facts here. He leaves you for this girl. He gets this girl pregnant, then tries leaving her for you. He doesn't have a very good track record, like he's just flip flopping from one girl to the next and has no idea what he wants.

i know......god i know!!! he didnt even have a break between relationships either!

All of the advice given to you seems to be excellant.

Now, think of this. Would you really want to be the cause of breaking up someone else's family with a new born?

Maybe off base here but do you think this guy, noting his track record of looking elsewhere, is just not receiving the "attention" that he once was getting before his GF got to her 3rd trimester and now has an infant to take care of?

All of the advice given to you seems to be excellant.

Now, think of this. Would you really want to be the cause of breaking up someone else's family with a new born?

Maybe off base here but do you think this guy, noting his track record of looking elsewhere, is just not receiving the "attention" that he once was getting before his GF got to her 3rd trimester and now has an infant to take care of?

I agree. Everyone is giving me very sound advice. Thank you.

That's what's tearing me up! I feel terrible because I know if I dont get back with him, then he will find another to replace her and me! I feel bad for her actually. I think he may be looking for that extra attention he's not getting from her anymore. I asked him if she was so bad(according to him) why did he stay with her so long, he claimed b he needed someone to do his paperwork for his truck drivin stuff.

Archived