too many threads about smell making me PARANOID!

pinkrobot
When He Says He Wants Space | Begin...
When He Says He Wants Space | Beginner's Guide

Okay, boys. If a girl does NOT smell good down there, will you either a) avoid going down on her, or b) at least honestly talk to her about how it smells?

I've never had a guy express a problem with me personally...but there have been so many threads in the S&R section lately that it's been making me paranoid! After 24 years of being female I still don't know what a "normal" vaginal smell is (it's not like I've gone around odor-sampling), and I know they do have some sort of scent...but I'm just wondering if a guy would make it obvious one way or another if you didn't smell good? Like, if a girl doesn't, would you continually go down on her after the first time? Or would you either avoid it or just talk to her about it?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how a guy could go down on someone if there was a bad smell down there. I'm not a guy but if I was and she funky down there, I would have to speak up. That's like eating rotten food, your'e not going to eat it simply because it's there are you?

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm another person who is extremely paranoid about this. I used to always hear about guys talking about the "fish smell." Usually it was about ex girlfriends. I have a lot of trouble trusting a guy to go down because of this, even if he has no hesitations.

I know this doesn't really help, but if you know that everything is okay in that area (healthy, no infections/imbalances) and you're washing daily, then i think that's all that can be done. I don't think it's worth worrying about too much in the end, since no one can really help their natural scent in that area.

I'm not sure if there is a common or 'normal' scent.

A wise old sage once told me:

"Smells like cologne, leave it alone; smells like fish, eat all you wish."

Now, I wouldn't use that as a rule of thumb...but I thought I'd pass it on.

I never under stood the "fish" thing....it doesn't smell like fish to me. My best friend coined the term "jiff smell" back when we were dumb teenagers. I thought it more appropriate. (not peanut butter....something else)

I bet I just made everyone feel better, right?

I think men and women smell about the same. I mean, both sets have about the same things going on down there, only slightly different.

Isn't it about like kissing someone? If I don't know or care about someone, I am going to be pretty turned off by the idea of sharing my saliva with them. Uck.

But! If I care about them and love them - well, then I want to definitely kiss them. It's the same for everyone; I love my old gran because she is my old gran and so her wrinkly old cheek is sweet to me. So it is with the privates of the man I love, I love them because they belong to him. Smell? as long as we are healthy and wash every day then what can I say. Our bodies are sweet and lovely, just as our maker made us.

I think men and women smell about the same. I mean, both sets have about the same things going on down there, only slightly different.

Isn't it about like kissing someone? If I don't know or care about someone, I am going to be pretty turned off by the idea of sharing my saliva with them. Uck.

But! If I care about them and love them - well, then I want to definitely kiss them. It's the same for everyone; I love my old gran because she is my old gran and so her wrinkly old cheek is sweet to me. So it is with the privates of the man I love, I love them because they belong to him. Smell? as long as we are healthy and wash every day then what can I say. Our bodies are sweet and lovely, just as our maker made us.

But there are lots of men and women who have make out sessions and oral sex with people they just met or went on two dates with!!

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm another person who is extremely paranoid about this. I used to always hear about guys talking about the "fish smell." Usually it was about ex girlfriends. I have a lot of trouble trusting a guy to go down because of this, even if he has no hesitations.

Yep, I'm right there with ya! That's why I just HAD to ask, finally. I am always paranoid about it, even when he seems perfectly content doing it and doesn't complain. That's why I wanted to see if a guy, hands down, will either speak up or stay away if the smell's not right. My boyfriend has never said anything, but I'm so paranoid about the whole issue that that's all I can think about when he's doing it.

If a girl smells ultra funky down there, i'll generally avoid getting my nose within smelling distance. I won't say anything because you just KNOW it's wrong to do so.

If it's always funky, i'll take the walking card.

Women will always have a smell...especially if they are aroused. It's a musky, "come hither" smell, not off putting, but their personal sexual odor. Don't confuse it with " just got home from the gym" smell. It's supposed to an aphrodisiac....

If a woman I was with didn't, it'd be a turn of, cuz I'm not turning them on.

I wonder if they had oral sex back in the days when people didn't wash anything but their hands and face.

EWWW! Think about using the same bathwater for the whole family. EEEWWW PUKE! Thanks for the visual I can't get outta my head right now!

Archived