I think I may be my worst enemy

Ms. Madame

Well today is going so much better than the other day. I have to admit and accept that this guy isn't worth it and I didn't deem him worthy to let my guard down. Wisdom is the great warrior that carries defeat to the sun. My heart is kind and pure and I am proud to say that I have yet to fully give my self to another soul......I feel good today and there is nothing that will hold me down. Thanks for the two replies I got and thans for all that viewed but had nothig to say. Thanks.....

I have similar issues, but maybe on a smaller scale. I think the first step is to realize that there is no reward where there is no risk. If you don't risk the vulnerability, then you'll never know if he'll be able to know that part of you without taking advantage of it. We can be so guarded for so long that we convince ourselves that emotional safety is paramount and must be maintained at all cost, but in the process, we create ourselves a prison cell we hate but are afraid to leave.

In short, and so much so easier said than done, but you have to let go. Let your guard down, let him talk to you, let him get to know you before you completely forget that you have that softer side. Obviously it's there, your emotional range certainly shows here from heartfelt sorrow to anger to love.

Maybe talking to a counselor would help. Female, maybe? Talking to another woman in power may make you feel more comfortable in revelation. Or if you want to take it on yourself, just remember that small steps work wonders.

Archived