spray tan

does anyone here reguarly get a spray tan or use fake tan? If so, how do you cleanse your face without the tan coming off? I had a spray tan last week and it looked fantastic, but it faded much quicker on my face because I wanted to cleanse it and take my make up off as I would normally. So I was kinda left with a white face and brown body! How can I maintain the tan but still keep my face clean? I'm worried that if I stop cleansing and toning my face I will get spots.

Oh, also another question about fake tan. I have had it for around a week now and I want to put more on, but my skin still has slightly patchy, faded, left over tan from before. If I apply a new one will it look patchy because of the tan underneath? Should I wait until the old stuff is completely off before I apply a new one? I wanted to have it for this weekend.

Thanks!

what do you mean by 'why would you do that to yourself?' surely it's better than using sun beds that increase the risk of skin cancer?

Yes, it does. You keep on doing whatever works for you, just stay out of the sun!

After you wash your face, try using Neutrogena Build-A-Tan Gradual Sunless Tanning Face as a moisturizer after. Just be sure to wash your hands. It also has SPF 15 in it, so you're good to go!

I'm sorry I should have explained. I just don't think fake tan is attractive. To each his own I know. it's just my thought behind it are your trying to replicate a sun tan which is golden and natural and the like. Most people look kind of silly. Like fake is in my head so when i see fake tan people, i just think fake person. I know this isn't true really, I'm sure you are a lovely person. but dunno, if you were like in the garden or at the beach or something then yea you show off that tan. It's jsut a bit superficial I guess. I won't even date a fake tanner.

Try exfoliating your skin with a loofa that isn't totally soft (like the axe loofa that some guys use) and shave... should help remove outer dead skin cells & remove some of the blochiness from the previous spray.

I would ask the people at the spray salon how to keep your face the tanned color. Maybe skip makeup for a day so you don't have to wash it off the first night or two.

When I do spray tan..I use the versaspa and it looks so natural..I seriously look like I layed out in the sun for a week straight..it's awesome.

nowhereman, spray tans have come a LONG way..if you prepare your skin correctly before doing the spray tan..[shaving, exfoliation, moisturizing, etc] and keep moisturized after having it done..it looks just like a real tan. My boyfriend can't tell the difference except that i'm darker..and I get compliments all the time after I spray tan.."oh you have the best tan, etc"

if you use it correctly, it won't be that fake ass orange you're thinking of.

When I do spray tan..I use the versaspa and it looks so natural..I seriously look like I layed out in the sun for a week straight..it's awesome.

nowhereman, spray tans have come a LONG way..if you prepare your skin correctly before doing the spray tan..[shaving, exfoliation, moisturizing, etc] and keep moisturized after having it done..it looks just like a real tan. My boyfriend can't tell the difference except that i'm darker..and I get compliments all the time after I spray tan.."oh you have the best tan, etc"

if you use it correctly, it won't be that fake ass orange you're thinking of.

Yeah I think he's thinking of the ooompla loompa spray orange tans that were around how many years ago.....LOL

fake tans are...fake. anything fake should be avoided IMO....but whatever makes you feel good.

a fake tan is better than getting cancer..but whatever makes you feel good..even if that means cancer.

I've been using tanning beds for almost two years and i'm having to cancel my contract due to having precancerous cells..and i'm 19..so take that however you want to.

My natural color is very pale..so pale I look sick..and since I have blonde hair it makes me look washed out. I feel I look healthier and I feel more confident when I have color to me.

Some girls look better pale and some look better with a little color. But you are right about girls being convinced that natural isn't pretty, a lot of the time it truly is.

i meant being so concerned about your image that you spray paint your skin is shallow and "fake"...excessive tanning in the sun is as well...most women look better naturally they just have been convinced otherwise.

in that case women shouldn't wear make up, nail varnish, or hair dye either?

I'm sorry I should have explained. I just don't think fake tan is attractive. To each his own I know. it's just my thought behind it are your trying to replicate a sun tan which is golden and natural and the like. Most people look kind of silly. Like fake is in my head so when i see fake tan people, i just think fake person. I know this isn't true really, I'm sure you are a lovely person. but dunno, if you were like in the garden or at the beach or something then yea you show off that tan. It's jsut a bit superficial I guess. I won't even date a fake tanner.

I don't see how wearing fake tan makes someone a superficial person. I think that someone who calls them that is superficial for being so judgemental and shallow.

This is actually the first time I've used fake tan and not a single person realised it was fake, everyone just asked me if I'd been on holiday so it must have looked realistic.

I don't look like a bimbo, which is what you're suggesting. I wear pretty casual clothes and natural make up, but I don't have to justify my image to you.

my post wasn't 'what are your opinions on the disposition and depth of character of girls that wear fake tan?' I was just asking how to maintain the colour.

Skineal Cream Frequently Asked Ques...
Skineal Cream Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

Archived