My husband says he doesn't want to be married anymore

ZoeMatthews

My husband informed me on July 16 that he did not want to be married anymore. No reason given, just that he did not want to be burden with marriage.

This came about because I caught him text messaging and emailing one of his co-workers. These were inappropriate comments. I told him to stop.

He told me that he felt like he could have no friends, etc, etc. I did not clean up after myself, I did not cook for him, did not put my shoes away. I work more hours than I should each week esp in the summer. He knows this. Of course, I know these were all excuses to make himself feel better because he felt like he could not **** around unless I was gone from the picture. we remained amicable until I moved out.

We are now separated. I asked to wait until the end of January to see what we wanted to do. If either of us wanted, we could still get a divorce, but we had to wait 6 months just to be sure.

This all happened in the month of July...I am at my house now. Being mad at him for ending the relationship instead of going to counseling and trying to work things out.

I cried my last tear on the 28th of July. I remain doing NC until the end of January 2010.

I am just so depressed about ending the marriage. To me marriage is permanent.

I think he is going through a mid life crisis. Exercising, going around singing to rock songs (hmmm) and just acting weird. We will see what happens.

Z.

Yeah I agree with jdpreacher, he's already involved with someone else. The stuff he's blaming you for is to justify a divorce in his own mind. Then he can fool himself into believing it's not really an affair, it's all because he's unhappy.

I'm very sorry.

Casanova, we have been together for almost 7 years married for almost 2. December would have been our 2nd wedding anniversary.

I am in my late 30's he is in his early 50's.

Chasey, He told me that he has not slept with his co-worker. She is married with kids and she has got a very controlling husband (according to my husband). I did read some of the emails that they sent each other (thats a long ass post!!) and it seems to be true, about the controlling husband I mean.

Point is, I dont know if I want him back. I have always believed that Marriage was forever and at the end of 6 months, I will have a better understanding and a better idea as to what I want to do.

And yes, I am planning on spending all this time taking care of me. I am always a nervous stressed out wreck from work and from not being able to be there for my husband (in my mind), so maybe this what I need to see things clearer.

Even after I contacted her (via email) to stop talking to my husband, my husband yelled at me for making her cry!! I asked him later why he was thinking about her feelings but not mine, his answer, "I don't know".

My husband has blinders and cannot see anything beyond his needs at the moment. Like I said, I need time to think and 6 months will give me that.

Z.

Today, I had to break NC with the husband. We have been separated since Tuesday of this month.

We had to go over some financial issues. We agreed that no personal stuff would be discussed.

While on the phone discussing a check, he mentioned that he wanted a small photo printer back. I was angry and I said, "your girlfriend probably took it". He said, "You are not here anymore, tee hee".

This totally threw me off and made me soooo angry. Why after telling me that he did not want to be married to me anymore, he wants to flirt!! I know, he is probably horny and he thought we would have a little fun in the sack while I went over to his house to pick up a check.

I was angry and I let it show. I did not want any of his sweet talk. I realized how much I have missed him, but I walked away.

I called him about a hour later to discuss two more items and who would keep them. After we settled everything, I mentioned how angry I have been lately because of everything we are going through.

I asked him if we had anything else to discuss. He said no.

I told him that I did not want to hear from him until his birthday in January, which is the 6 month separation dead line. At that point, we will see what we want to do.

I had been doing NC since Tuesday. I cannot believe I lasted that long!! But I am more determined than ever and I am going to stand by my decision to not contact him until January

ZM

I got the same news from my wife on July 15th. I am sorry this is happening to you. I am in no position to give advice but there are many nice helpful people here . Use that. And know I will listen if you need someone.

Thanks, I appreciate your nice words. I am so depressed!

Z.

Yesterday, it hit me! I am depressed and I want my marriage back!! I want my husband back.

On Saturday, I went out and had dinner with a friend of mine yesterday and he kept talking about his problems, etc. You cannot sympathize with others when in your mind, your problems are bigger than the highest mountain in the world.

As I was having dinner I realized that I wanted to call my husband and tell him to take me back. I was so desperate!! I wanted to call him and cry and just tell him that everything he did to me was my fault and I deserved everything he did to me....just as long as he took me back.

I just hate my life at the moment. I cannot believe this. I promised myself that I would do NC until January, but I dont think I can last that long!! Its Monday early morning, 1:13 AM to be exact and I am still depressed and I still want my husband back!! I am going to try and get some sleep. I need to get up for work in a few hours...

I am praying and hoping that I feel better because I have not even lasted two days with NC. I want to feel better!!

Z.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

It's easy to resort to these feelings when you're feeling vulnerable and helpless, but think about what's better for the long-run.

It seems like he has moved on with his life, & so should you. You can't be on this emotional roller-coaster anymore. When you find yourself wanting to get back with him, remind yourself of why you left him in the first place. That always helps.

I hope you'll be able to let go one day, because you deserve much better.

75+ Funny Divorce Quotes
75+ Funny Divorce Quotes

Archived