Happiness is in everyone's control

ladyblue07
Our Happiness is Our Responsibility...
Our Happiness is Our Responsibility and No One is Responsible for Your Happiness

I was just watching this really interesting video by a Harvard psychologist about how we all have the power to control our own happiness no matter what life throws at us:

link removed

I just thought I would share it because I can remember when I was going through a phase where I thought that I would never be happy again unless I was able to win back the guy I thought was my soulmate...but yet, when I look back, I think that I would have been in a much better position to actually get him back if I had been able to tell myself that I would be happy and okay no matter what happened.

I was just watching this really interesting video by a Harvard psychologist about how we all have the power to control our own happiness no matter what life throws at us:

link removed

I just thought I would share it because I can remember when I was going through a phase where I thought that I would never be happy again unless I was able to win back the guy I thought was my soulmate...but yet, when I look back, I think that I would have been in a much better position to actually get him back if I had been able to tell myself that I would be happy and okay no matter what happened.

Can't watch this right now at work, but it looks really interesting. Will watch tonight. Thanks!

I would agree. Pulling from a great NYT article: "Suffering — in the sense of old age, sickness and death — is the law of life; unhappiness is just the position we choose — or can not choose — to bring to it."

Also, "True happiness, in that sense, doesn’t mean trying to acquire things, so much as letting go of things."

Link- link removed

Archived