Is it a lot of pressure?

-Sanguine-

Okay, here's the situation, and it's not a big deal or anything. I'm just curious.

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 23. We've been together for 6 months and we have not slept together. I have told him that I was ready earlier and he wouldn't. I also told him I was going on the pill and he said that doesn't mean we have to do it right away. I know he wants to because he said he has, and I know his friends bug him about it because we've waited so long. He's been with a handful of people and I am still a virgin.

Do you think there is a lot of pressure on his part because it's my first time? I'm just wondering why he's being so good about this and not really eager.. I'm not complaining because I really appreciate that he's being so great about it all. I was just curious as to what the reason might be. He has said he just really extremely likes me and that is why.

but like I said, is there a lot of pressure because I am a virgin?

There might be pressure on his part, because when you guys do decide to do it, he will know that he is your first. Don't worry about what his friends have to say. Just do it when you're ready to do so. It's really good to know that your boyfriend cares enough about you to be willing to wait until your ready. Go with the flow and I'm sure that it'll be worth the wait.

My wife and I were virgins. We were together nearly a year before we finally had sex (at 17). When she said started saying she was finally ready, I declined her on two ocassions before we finally did it. I wanted to be absolutely positive she was ready and making her decision intelligently rather than hormonally. I couldn't bear the idea of having sex with a partner that wasn't ready, and for it to be her first time is even more important.

Discuss it some more.. convince him you really are ready. If he's like me, he will accept that he's done his due diligence and will relax about it.

so is he outright refusing or not interested in having sex with you?

do you two do other things?

no he's not refusing. I just told him I was going on the pill, meaning I was ready and he said well we don't have to right away just cause you're on it. I asked him why and he said cause he liked me alot.. so yeah.

yes, we do other things. we have done everything but sex.

ATL Jacob Discusses Working With Fu...
ATL Jacob Discusses Working With Future, Making Massive Hits And Rapping

Archived