Feeling bored and annoyed with everything...

Princess_Jade
Just Going Through The Motions?
Just Going Through The Motions?

Lately I've just been so bored with life in general. My life is not really exciting at all. All I do is work at a job I completely hate and go to school/college which I'm not really enjoying as well. I'm tired of doing dumb stupid school work all of the time and the school and environment I'm in is boring. I have not been able to make any friends at the school I am going to and its like ugh. I don't get it I'm very social and talkative. I talk to the people at the school for small talk and chit chat, but that's all it ever seems it gets to.

I'm bored with the same old friends I've had since high school. I've never really felt any chemistry with them as a whole. They're just people I hang out with from time to time, but a lot of times I never really felt I fitted in with them. I consider a lot of them to be spoiled,a lil self centered and too materialistic. Everything is about cars,clothes and stupid stuff. I want to make some new down to earth friends, the kind that aren't afraid to party or let lose a little bit. The kind I can be more comfortable around.

I'm still single and it's been a long time since I dated. I haven't gotten the attention of a man in a long time and it's really taken a toll on my self esteem. Not to brag but back in high school I used to attract all kinds of men. Now it's like I hardly get any attention at all. It makes me feel unloved,undesirable and unwanted. I would like to date again and I would try online dating but most of the men online turn out to be weird,sex obsessed or have some issues.

In all I'm just stressed and feel a little lonely. I don't really have anyone close to relate to me in any way... I want excitement in my life, I just don't know how to go about getting it. I would try different outlets but I really hate doing things by myself.

I'm feeling the exact same way, i'm so sick of the daily routine in life, for me it's just work and saving money.

Last friday, I went to work, was there for like an hour, I got so depressed and down just being in that shyte hole, that I just walked out, I can't take the manotany anymore either, but I have to.

As for the friends thing, I know what you mean, I've had the same friends for years, and it just feels like it's always the same with them, nothing new, i'm social to, go out to bars/clubs and meet new people, but lately, I haven't been feeling to social.

I know alotta people who are going through the same thing, it's crazy, don't really have much of a solution, kinda lookin for one myself, just thought I would relate.

Seems like you've lost interest in the things you once liked...? This sounds like a symptom of depression to me.

OR it could just mean you're in need of change. Switch jobs, swich courses, make some great upset in your life to snap yourself out of it.

I ... wouldn't be so quick to drop your friends. You might tire of their company at times, but to cut them out completely would be a mistake you'd regret later on. That doesn't mean you can't make some new ones... when you find yourself in your new job and/or college, you'll find yourself around different people, all of whom are "potential friends."

Ugh!! I'm going through the same thing as well, except with a recent break up on top. So a lot of the boring, not feeling is now devastation at losing the only person in my life who actually meant something to me, but I hate the way life has become. Nothing is interesting anymore, nor is anybody. changing jobs hasn't helped for me, it's just a different monotonous thing i am doing everyday. ugh.

I think everyone feels this way every once in a while, I spent alot of last year like this. Boring job, no new friends and all my old ones were far away, no excitement about my education anymore. All I did was go to work, go to school, do homework and clean and cook.

How long have you felt this way? And do you think you could just be in a temporary rut or are you in need of a serious upheaval of the old and new things in your life? What do you feel YOU would like to do that would not be boring?

As far as meeting people for new friends or dates, the only thing you can do is keep trying, but stay true to yourself and love yourself as a friend most importantly. When I finally started viewing myself as my best friend, it really reflected on anyone I talked to, I think, and really helped me click with them. For now, do you have family members that you feel close to and can talk to and hang out with? Maybe you could spend some more time to reconnect with them, if so. Join a club at school if there's room in your schedule, so you'll meet new people and develop a new interest.

Archived