AHH! I told myself that I wouldn't waste space with a thread about this, but what's she thinking!?

Jpo

Two months ago I met this girl at a party and we went on a few dates. They went very well, she acted like she was really into me, and kept bring up me taking her on future dates whenever we went out. All of a sudden, she started ignoring my calls/texts and flaked on a date. A mutual friend told me she wasn't interested anymore. I was disappointed since I liked her a lot, and ended contact with her after she flaked on the date (she apologized the next day with lame excuse, but as far as I was concerned it was the last straw and never called again).

Anyway, now over a month later, she texts me and asks me how my night was (completely out of the blue). I responded, "It was fun. Why do you ask?" It has been over 24 hours and she hasn't replied back. Why did she text me? Why wont she reply? I know I should just be whateves about it, but the thing is I really liked her a lot (I know we only went out a couple times! I can't help it though). This really bugs me because I had given up on her and completely forgot about her, and now I'm starting to think about her again. Ugh.

maybe she was curious as to how you are doing... maybe she is trying to keep that door open with you .... or maybe she was drunk...... ( i use to text like crazy when i was pissed)

she does sound super flaky and inconsiderate... i wouldnt respond to her next time and let her wonder what was up......

Maybe it was a mistake and she meant to text someone else. Seriously, don't waste any time on this. People lose interest.

Yeah I actually thought that. I also think she just likes attention from guys and is bothered that I stopped trying to contact her. It actually bugs me that I even responded to her text, like I fed her need for the week lol. Oh well.

maybe she was curious as you are doing... maybe she is trying to keep that door open with you .... or maybe she was drunk...... ( i use to text like crazy when i was pissed)

she does sound super flaky and inconsiderate... i wouldnt respond to her next time and let her wonder what was up......

She wasn't drunk, it was a Sunday afternoon that she text me, around 1:30PM I think. You're right though, I don't think I'm going to respond anymore.

Also, if it was an accident, wouldn't you text and say, "woops sorry"? Bleh.

I don't think I would in this kind of situation. Bit awkward to say "sorry, that wasn't meant for you, I don't care how your night was" !

I don't know. I mean, I always respond to texts, no matter who they are from. If I did that, I would probably say, "sorry, wrong person, but how are you doing lol?" Then say, "that's good" and end it. Alright, I'm deleting her number right now, I'm just being ridiculous. Stupid women, they make me act crazy.

Also, I just wanted to add that I actually did have a pretty crazy night and was all over town at several different bars/clubs. So, although it was out of the blue, it seemed kind of appropriate. I didn't see her or her friend though, but I was also pretty drunk.

I disagree with most said here. When a women contacts you out of the blue, follow up on it. I think deleting her number was a mistake...

That is what my friend told me, but the problem is I think I like her too much to be rational about it if I do. My friend told me to invite her out this Saturday when when we all go out, that way if she doesn't it is whatever, and I'm still out with all of them. It just bugs me that I'm probably only feeding her attention ***** mentality. I think it is better for me just to end it.

That is what my friend told me, but the problem is I think I like her too much to be rational about it if I do. I think it is better for me just to end it.

What about her do you like?? Really not a good reason to not give this a try but ok..

I don't know man. I mean, we just had really good chemistry. When we were out together it seemed perfect, almost too perfect. She was beautiful, fun, charming, kind of a dork like me and I was just really attracted to her.

I see where you are coming from, but... I don't know what I'm going to do. I know for sure I'm not going to do anything though if she doesn't respond to me.

he did follow up. she ignored him.

No she didn't. She just didn't answer yet. A women being flaky is nothing new. Hate to say it but most women are. That doesn't mean he can't get her out. He likes her, he may as well explore this a bit further. If for no other reason than learning. Sometimes if a guy just stops doing what's not working and tries a new approach the a women will start to respond. I'm not saying this will happen for sure but he has nothing to lose.

No she didn't. She just didn't answer yet. A women being flaky is nothing new. Hate to say it but most women are. That doesn't mean he can't get her out. He likes her, he may as well explore this a bit further. If for no other reason than learning. Sometimes if a guy just stops doing what's not working and tries a new approach the a women will start to respond. I'm not saying this will happen for sure but he has nothing to lose.

I don't think she is interested anymore JPO, but do what you want. Obviously I can't speak for every woman, but if I'm not interested in a guy, I'm not interested. Period. No different "approach" is going to make me change my mind.

I don't know man. I mean, we just had really good chemistry. When we were out together it seemed perfect, almost too perfect. She was beautiful, fun, charming, kind of a dork like me and I was just really attracted to her.

I see where you are coming from, but... I don't know what I'm going to do. I know for sure I'm not going to do anything though if she doesn't respond to me.

I'm not saying contact her today. Wait a few days and try again. Use something funny/light. Even if she doesn't respond this time... so what.. Happens a lot with women, you just need to know what to do. If you decide you want to contact her in a few days, shoot me a PM and I will help you out.

UM im not a flake.... so your advice doesnt really hold water... sounds like you want him to chase this girl around.. um... i would move on to a girl that actually likes him... she sounds like she hits him up when she has nothing better going on....

I don't think she is interested anymore JPO, but do what you want. Obviously I can't speak for every woman, but if I'm not interested in a guy, I'm not interested. Period. No different "approach" is going to make me change my mind.

I wish I could describe to you how into me she was though - I have never seen a girl as crazy about me (almost immediately) like she was. It wasn't me being blind, because at first I didn't have too much of an opinion of her (she actually asked me out). It is hard for me to believe that all the sudden she just lost interest, but she did. It almost makes me think she assumed something about me, or our mutual "friends" started a bad rumor.

My god I am so conflicted about this. Damnit, why the hell did she do this? image removed

Sadly, this probably is just a mistaken text.

Except his dignity by being some girl's puppy.

How is he being her puppy by following up in a few days?? He has a chance to start contact again with a girl he likes. He needs to re frame the situation with her.

Hey, how's my 3rd favorite girl doing??

You guys are also assuming she sent that text by mistake.. NO way. It was intentional. It's worth a follow up and most guys miss opportunities by passing when girls pull this. It happens a lot.

Archived