This probably isn't going to come out sounding like a great thing to be doing. But my ex bf and I are very close friends and have known each other for about 15 years. We broke up many years ago. Meanwhile, he developed a relationship with his current gf. I know her and like her a lot but she only knows that her bf and I are friends.

However, we feel that we love each other and have something very special between us. We are not having sex at this point but it seems to be heading in that direction. We are much closer than his gf realizes. We enjoy cuddling and talking in a way that both of us finds to be very gratifying. There's a connection there that's hard to come by.

Why doesn't he leave his gf? Because while she is not satisfying a number of his basic needs he still loves her. So that he loves us both. And I am not interested in trying to take him away from her. I am looking for a full time partner else where. It just feels like a very unique situation.

Its not a unique situation. Its him having his cake and eating it, having the best of both worlds, he gets his needs met by two girls, each who provide different benefits to him.

I'd break off this arrangement before it gets sexual. Leave him to his poor new girlfriend and concentrate on finding someone who only has eyes for you.

Archived