I'm gaining weight, FINALLY

Ivory_Tower
...too fat for youtube...
...too fat for youtube...

After weighing a measly 97 pounds a couple of months ago I have finally started to put on weight! It hasn't been easy though, I've been downing protein shakes and lots of nuts in between every meal I've had.

Does anyone have any other ideas for gaining weight? I want to be 110 pounds by the time fall semester rolls around.

I hate being so thin. I want my clothes to fit me again.

Hey IT. Do you have a sweet tooth? If so I could share some brownies with you! Some relatives just sent me a big box full of them because they heard my ankle was broken.

-Kevin

Hey Kevin! I've returned from my vacation. I think thats my problem, I don't like sugar. I'm a hypoglycemic and sugar always makes me crash and feel crummy.

Thank you for offering to share your brownies though! How is your ankle doing?

I think unused carbs will make you gain weight too, so maybe lots of pasta dishes.

Ankle is getting just a little better each day, though this last week (first week back) at work was brutal. I was so exhausted all the time. Just counting the days when I can get back to the things I really enjoy in life. Thanks for asking. Hope your vacation was fun!

-Kevin

What are you looking to gain? It you want to gain fat, eat as much as you possibly can. It sounds like you're on the right track with the shakes and the nuts. A good way to increase the amount of calories you consume is to eat a lot of olive oil. It's good for you and stacks on the weight.

If you want to gain muscle, then working out would help. Although, gaining muscle can speed up your metabolism and make you lose even more fat. That might not be the best idea if you have a low body fat % already.

Yay! Congrats girl!! Just keep on doing what you're doing. And work out as well. You wanna gain weight but look good doin it. And I know I've already said it in your other thread, but eat late at night, right before bedtime.

I have been! I've been eating Whataburger before I go to sleep. Thats terrible, I know. I have the metabolism of a teenage boy, hope I don't still look like one!

After weighing a measly 97 pounds a couple of months ago I have finally started to put on weight! It hasn't been easy though, I've been downing protein shakes and lots of nuts in between every meal I've had.

Does anyone have any other ideas for gaining weight? I want to be 110 pounds by the time fall semester rolls around.

I hate being so thin. I want my clothes to fit me again.

Oh I'm so happy for you.... I really am... truly... but its soooooo hard for me to NOT hate people like you!!! LOL!!! Never in my life will I have the opportunity to be excited cause I gained a few pounds!!! LOL!

But I agree - start toning... it will add muscle mass and be sexy... don't bulk up... just define... you'll be hot and then I'll really hate you!!! LMAO!

I can understand you wanting to gain weight but I cant imagine eating before you go to bed can be a good thing for your digestive system! I think I read somewhere that you can get acid reflux bc if you lie down after you eat, the digestive enzymes come up your esophagus?

Anyways, I agree with the person who said that you should try lifting weights (not so much cardio) and eat healthy, of course.

I can understand you wanting to gain weight but I cant imagine eating before you go to bed can be a good thing for your digestive system! I think I read somewhere that you can get acid reflux bc if you lie down after you eat, the digestive enzymes come up your esophagus?

Anyways, I agree with the person who said that you should try lifting weights (not so much cardio) and eat healthy, of course.

Oh no! I know its probably really bad for me, but it seems to be working.

Hey dont worry too much about it. I think as long as you dont eat RIGHT BEFORE you go to sleep, you might be fine ... up to may 2 hours prior to going to bed?

Now if you are hypoglycemic, you may not want to try this but I used to know a guy who would eat a can of peaches every night at night to gain weight. I think he found it pretty effective.

There is no medical evidence that eating before bed is bad for you. It just makes your body store it all, rather than converting it to energy (some will be used up, of course, but much less that while you're active and awake). To the OP, acid reflux and and heartburn are the worst things that can happen if you eat right before you go to bed, and unless you've experienced either of those things, there's no need to worry or to change what you've been doing.

The weird thing is that when I wake up I'm starving and my stomach is sunken in, I don't get it.

There is no medical evidence that eating before bed is bad for you. It just makes your body store it all, rather than converting it to energy (some will be used up, of course, but much less that while you're active and awake). To the OP, acid reflux and and heartburn are the worst things that can happen if you eat right before you go to bed, and unless you've experienced either of those things, there's no need to worry or to change what you've been doing.

When you're trying to digest food, your body releases a certain hormone. It might affect your sleeping... LOL that and according to my mom it's really bad for you. and my mom is always right~ >_>

OP, I know how frustrating it is to want to gain weight, but the last thing you want to do is to gain it unhealthily. Stay away from carby food, stay away from sweets, etc... I wish I was still thin!!! Clothes look so much better.

Archived